Friday 7 January 2022

Bubbles

 Welcome back to a new year of challenges at Fusion Card Challenge.  We're starting off with a festive photo inspiration, which is what I focused on for my card.




I wanted to try and recreate the gold background in the inspiration photo, so I took a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and blended Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink all over it.  Around the edges I inked Tea Dye.  I then took the Bokeh stencil set from Taylored Expressions and went over it with Scattered Straw Distress Oxide, Enchanted Gold ink and Unicorn White.  It's a shame you can't see how the gold ink looks from the photo, but it adds a lovely shine.


The champagne glass was a die-cut which I coloured with my Copics.  I then added some "bubbles" with a white gel pen and covered the "liquid" with clear sparkle pen.  The sentiment is stacked three high for dimension.

After all that, there was something missing, so I added a black frame to draw the eye and break up the background a bit.




Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

I'm linking this up to the Beverages theme at Just Us Girls, the colour challenge at Colour Throwdown and the Make 2022 Sparkle theme at Paper Players challenge 








Products used:

Ink:  Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Scattered Straw Distress Oxide, Enchanted Gold (Altenew), Unicorn White (Hero Arts)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  A2 Thin Frames (SSS), Celebrate (SugarPea Designs) Layered Champagne Glass (MFT)
Accessories:  Bokeh Stencil (Taylored Expressions), Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at The Paper Players.


11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Cheers to another gorgeous card!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Your ink blended background is AMAZING! Such a beautiful card!

Nancy said...

That background is totally amazing, Karren! The wine glass looks so incredible too! Well done! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week! I know this card is going to get tons of love!

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous card Karren. Love the bokeh background. Just like bubbles

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Karren! Your bokeh background is amazing, and I can envision how gorgeous the gold shimmer is! The champagne flute is colored perfectly. You have truly made my challenge shine at The Paper Players this week!

ElizStewart said...

Karren... your bokeh background is FABULOUS! Thank you so much for sharing the details on how you achieved the result. Your coloring is also spot on... thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Tristan said...

Fab card Karren. That background is awesome.

Amy O said...

You do such amazing things with ink! Gorgeous card, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

Fantastic card. The shimmer and shine is amazing!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This bokeh backgroundis absolutely amazing! Perfect to mimic champagne bubbles!

Barb Ghig said...

Your bokeh background turned out amazing, Karren...it works perfectly with the sparkling glass of champagne! Another fabulous card! xx