Thursday 6 January 2022

Pastel Birthday

 
Hi!  The Freshly Made Sketch Challenge is back for another year and our hostess this week is Amy O'Neill. As soon as I saw her sketch, I had to make this card:


I die-cut the little pierced squares from various pastel coloured cardstock and then die-cut the letters inside each square.  I backed each piece with acetate so I could adhere the inner of the "a" and "p" letters.  I then arranged them to fit across an A2 card in a manner to match the sketch.  

The "birthday" word was stamped with black ink and then I went all bold and hand-drew some lines and zig-zags which is something I had seen on Natasha Foote's You Tube channel.


And that's it!  Thanks for visiting.  Please head over and check out the fabulous cards made by the DT.



Products used:

Stamps:  Biggest Wish (SU)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Pink Lemonade, Peach Bellini, Lemon Chiffon, Cool As A Cucumber, Sno Cone (MFT), Acetate
Dies:  Little Letters, MFT
Accessories:  Black Copic Multi-Liner

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Absolutely brilliant, Karren!!!
=]

Jacquie Southas said...

I love everything about this design, Karren! Details like backing the letter cut outs with acetate and all the sketchy lines really take it to the next level.

Laurie Unger said...

Love the hand drawn frames! Cool card!

My Paper Cat said...

This is absolutely beautiful

Dawn T said...

so pretty Karren. And love the frame. Natasha's videos are really the best. you've done a great job on your frame. It really works so well with this design.

Linda Callahan said...

Your hand drawn frames are perfect! Love this sweet birthday card!

Amy O said...

I love how you've used the alphabet squares with the sketch! And I love the hand drawn frame -- very fun and expertly done! Cute card, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

OMG! Hand drawn lines! Smashing! Putting the letters on acetate so that you could use the inner parts of the "a" and "p." Brilliant! This is the best birthday card!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just so fabulous! I love those letters and I cannot believe you drew those lines! They're amazing! You are so creative my friend!

Hansi Brittain said...

I love your take on the sketch with the contrast between the pastels and black. My favorite part is the doodled frame. I am going to have to give that a try.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a brilliant take on the sketch! I love this collection of pastel squares with cut out letters.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

A super cute and clever card. Love your sketchy frame and die cutting the letters like that. That's a neat idea that I'm filing away for future use.
Thanks so much for choosing my card to go into the Gallery.
xxx