Friday 21 January 2022

Coffee Time

 
It's time for another challenge from the Fusion team and I took inspiration from both the sketch and photo this time to create a chalkboard-themed card.


The sentiments and images for the background came from multiple stamp sets and after I laid them out in my Misti, I white-embossed them onto black cardstock.  I rubbed on a bit of white pigment ink to give the impression of a chalkbaord and then went to work on the rest of the card.



The cup was already coloured and tucked into my stamp pocket, so that made the job quicker!  I stamped the sentiment with black ink onto a white strip and tucked a piece of vellum behind in line with the sketch.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the rest of the DT cards and play along with us.

I'm playing along with the coffee/tea theme at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge




Products used:

Stamps:  Espresso Yourself, Caffeine Addict (SugarPea Designs), Oh Frappe (Essentials By Ellen), Perfect Blend (Gina K.) Newton Loves Coffee (Newton's Nook), Coffee, Better With You (Verve) Coffee Hour (SSS), Coffee Break (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Unicorn White (Hero Arts), Brown Sugar (Mama Elephant)
Cardstock:  Black, White, Vellum, X-Press It
Accessories:  White EP, Copics (RV66, R59, R56)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Cupcake Inspiration

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, you did a splendid job of recreating that chalkboard look! It's amazing how many caffeinated sets you have!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I adore your chalkboard......and wish I thought to add smudges as well! Fun! Great challenge my friend - we had a nice gallery last week - hope it keeps growing this week as well!

Dawn T said...

It's gorgeous Karren. Love the chalkboard look. You really have a goodly number of sentiments that fit the bill perfectly.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love that amazing background! Wish I had added smudging to my background which makes it look so much more like the old chalkboards I remember so well (yep...dating myself!).

Laurie Unger said...

What a wonderful chalkboard background! Love it.

Nora Noll said...

This is AMAZING!!! I LOVE that chalkboard background you created. It totally WOWS me!!! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Jen Mitchell said...

I do love a chalkboard card. And I love coffee so this is one terrific card to my mind!

Judy Rozema said...

WOW! Spectacular job with the challenge!! Love this!

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous card! I love that you created your own background!!!

Cécile RIBON said...

I just love this "chalkboard" background! You did an amazing stamping and embossing job!

Barb Ghig said...

Great idea to use multiple stamp sets to create this card...I'm impressed with how many you have, too! Love the chalkboard look with a black background...it always takes me back to my school days :)

Tristan said...

Love how you and I were similarly inspired - great card.