Saturday 8 January 2022

Butterfly Birthday

Hi and welcome.  Today's card is one I put together for a few challenges.  The blue and gray theme at Seize the Birthday, the "New" theme at both Simon Says Stamp and Time Out and the Stamp Act challenge at Krafty Chicks.




My "new" is crafty goodies (of course!).  On this card the NBUS is the Brilliant Butterflies set and the Splatter hot foil plate.  Funny story about the hot foiling.  I put my plate upside down on my Foil Press in error with the result that it debossed the cardstock as well as putting foil where it wasn't meant to go.  I was using an almost transparent gray foil so the effect was really pretty, in my opinion.  Here's the piece before I adhered it to the card base.


I decided it would make a cool background for these fun butterflies that I stamped in blue/teal inks and then coloured the blue parts with a clear sparkle pen.


I finished the card with some strips of patterned paper and solid-colour cardstock down the left hand side and some sentiment strips white-embossed onto gray cardstock.

Thanks for visiting!




Products used:

Stamps:  Brilliant Butterflies, Itty Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:  Dew Drops, Aqualicious (Altenew), Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Gravel Gray, Black Licorice (MFT), Adriatic (Hero Arts), Modern Neutrals (Waffle Flower), Gray Foil
Dies:  Brilliant Butterflies (MFT), Splatter Hot Foil Plate (Altenew)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, White EP

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at Seize the Birthday.

 

11 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your gorgeous card Karen!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous. Love your happy accident background. It turned out the perfect background.

I Card Everyone said...

Well, this is the perfect way to make me like blue - combine it with grey and add butterflies!
Your card is gorgeous, Karren - the last time I used my glimmer machine I ended up with a very sparkly PLATE!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I love these gorgeous butterflies! beautiful card! Some day i must watch a video on foiling because I have absolutely no clue what it is!

Amy O said...

I love happy accidents! And I love this pretty card!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is really beautiful! Your accidental background looks perfect with the butterflies. And the colors are lovely!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Awesome card! Never would have known the background was an oopsie. It’s fantabulous! Great butterfly images too. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

Nancy said...

Love reading your post this morning! I love when mistakes turn out so well! Your card is fantastic, Karren! So happy to see you in the gallery at Seize the Birthday! Thanks for joining us and have a wonderful week!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I really love those butterflies. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Cécile RIBON said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! I'm totally in love with these awesome sketchy butterflies. Great choice of colors, too.

Barb Ghig said...

A happy accident if there ever was one...Love your sparkly butterflies and cool background, Karren! Awesome card!!!