Friday 20 October 2023

Floral Corner

Hi all!  This is only the second card I've had time to make this week for fun!  My week off work has ended up primarily being spent running around after a puppy - a cute puppy nonetheless but not what I planned!

Anyway, I snuck into my craft room to come up with this card for a few challenges.  Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies, Seize the Birthday Anything Goes, Addicted to CAS Dies Only, Krafty Chicks CAS and Color Throwdown.


I've been playing with the NBUS Build-a-Wreath die set from Spellbinders.  I die-cut the various images from white cardstock and used distress inks and blender brushes to add colour to all the components.  I then arranged them into a pleasing design and adhered the elements together.  You can't see in the photos but I spritzed all the flowers and foliage with clear shimmer spray.


Onto a white cardbase I added a die-cut frame then the floral arrangement.  Finally, I tucked a hot foiled sentiment into the bouquet and called it done.

Thanks so much for visiting.







Products used:

Ink:  Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Ground Espresso Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Build-a-Wreath, Hexi Gem Sentiments Hot Foil (Spellbinders), Nesting Rectangle Frames (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Shimmer Spray, Gold Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Krafty Chicks 


13 comments:

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Karren. A lovely design.

Nancy said...

So beautiful, Karren. Your shading on the flowers is just perfect. What a great CAS birthday that adds a big punch! Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

tonilea said...

Very nice. Coloring is great!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I'm sorry you didn't get more craft time, but this one card packs a beautiful punch, my friend! Look at all these challenges it fits into!
Gorgeous...
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a gorgeous card, love the colours you used on the flowers a lovely design too.
Faith x

Carol Cel said...

Beautiful! I had to stop and read the details.
(and enjoy the pup)

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty floral cluster Karren - love hat you used the white frame on the card, a subtle but fabulous detail that grounds the flowers beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...


so classy and the real looking flowers make for a fabulous card. I love that you had time to raft and join us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

JoAnn said...

Lovely card with that cluster of pretty flowers in the bottom corner. Great design and lovely colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Susie Moore said...

Clean and simple is my favorite and your card warms my heart! Thanks for joining us this week at The Color Throwdown Challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so perfect for fall! Spot on with colors! Lovely!

Broni said...

What beautiful florals, Karren! So glad you played along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Lori Turner said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Karren! I love these dies...stunning CAS card friend. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxoxo