Tuesday 17 October 2023

Perfect Time

Hi and welcome!  I'm at the start of a week off work and have great plans of spending time in my craft room.  Maybe not as much time as I had planned when I first booked the leave, because our daughter has gone and got herself a Spoodle puppy, so I'm a fur-grandma and the fur-baby spends a bit of time at our place.  As she's only just 3 months old, she can't be left unattended outside of her crate, so babysitting it is 😄  She's pretty cute though, but with our Dexter being 12, I had forgtten how boisterous and nippy little puppies are.  Here's a photo of mother and puppy on the day she brought her home.


Anyway, onto my card.  I made this card for the challenges at Paper Players (CAS Signs of Autumn), Just Us Girls (Pumpkin), Sweet Stampers (plaid-gingham-tartan) and Sunday Stamps (sketch).



I hope this is CAS enough for The Paper Players.  I tried to keep it clean lined, even though there's not a huge amount of white space.  I started by stamping the background and creating a mask which I used to ink-blend the sky and grass.  I then splattered ink and white gloss paing onto the background, while keeping the various masks in place during each step.  I coloured the tree and bushes and die-cut with a rectangle die.

for the central image, I stamped, Copic-coloured and fussy cut each image.  I also stamped onto some patterned paper and fussy cuty for some paper piecing detail.


I positioned the pumpkins and adhered with liquid glue and added a bit of gray shading.  The little girl was popped up with foam tape and I also added some gray shading to ground her.  The sentiment was white-embossed onto black.


Thanks so much for visiting.  It was so nice to stamp just for fun and not for DT commitments.  Here's hoping I can keep it up for the rest of the week.





Products used:

Stamps:  Fall Friends, Scene Builder (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Broken China Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Plaid Patterned Paper (MFT)
Dies:  Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, White Gloss Spray

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at The Paper Players, Sweet Stampin' and Sunday Stamps


15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What and adorable card! I like the way you've dressed this little lady and the delightful scene you've put her in. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls! Sweet little puppy too ;)

Dawn T said...

Simply gorgeous Karren. A fabulous card. And with my Sweet Stampin' hat on... thanks for joining us in our challenge.
Your fur grand-baby is adorable too

Bobby said...

Your scene is so cute, Karren, and I love the little girl's plaid paper pieced outfit. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.
That puppy is adorable too.

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I can't decide who is cuter... the daughter, the grand-pup, or the tam-wearing girl in the pumpkin patch!
Absolutely adorable, all three!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I am in love with your adorable spoodle, looks so spaniel like, reminds me of our late spaniel, border collie cross. Your daughter is in love too, I can see. AW! As for your card, it's perfect as a thank you card, wonderful background and love your paper piecing and colouring, so very lovely.
Faith x

Carol said...

Love your scene Karren! The little plaid details made me smile! So glad you shared this with us at Just Us Girls!

LeAnne said...

The puppy is cute, but I think your little fall-inspired girl on your card is equally as cute! Here paper-pieced outfit is just adorable and your background is divine! Sweet card! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Paper Players!

Nancy said...

Your card is as sweet as your grandpup! Your scene could not be any better! Awesome job with our challenge at Just Us Girls and happy to see you in the gallery!

Fran Wing said...

What a cute card, Karren! I love the subtle ink-blending on the background, the paper piecing, and the way the sentiment bleeds to the outside edge. Your card is definitely clean while not so simple!
Xoxo, Fran

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautiful fall-inspired card that is perfectly CAS enough (we are not super strict over at PP ;-) Karren! That little girl amongst the pumpkins is a cutie and I love her plaid trimmed coat! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, your daughter and grand pup are so adroable!
I love this card so much! The little girl with her precious paper pieced outfit stole my heart. The little Fall scene is the best! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps and The Paper Players!

Pat K said...

Lovely card, coloured beautifully. Your granddaughter and her sweet puppy look so happy. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Heidi Baks said...

Perfect coloring, Karren! Your card makes me want to go outside and jump into a pile a leaves and enjoy fall. Love it! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

dj said...

Adorable!! I love the paper piecing of that plaid paper...perfect pick for looking like fabric!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Frame It" sketch challenge. Your fall scene is just perfect for showcasing our sketch.
Deb Horst, DT #SSC320

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable card and pup! Spoodle?? Spaniel and poodle?? So cute!