Thursday 5 October 2023

On The Farm

Hi and welcome to our new sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is Narelle Farrugia.




I had just received this die set by Honey Bee Stamps and thought it would work well for the sketch, so I set about putting all the elements together, using a combination of coloured cardstock for the larger pieces and Copics on white cardstock for the smaller pieces.  

Once I had everything assembled, I die-cut some circles from white cardstock and also patterned paper.  On the green patterned paper, I die-cut with a snow drift die to mimic grass.  I then layered everything onto the circles.




The sentiment was a hot-foiled sentiment I had already made.  I didn't add any embellishments as I envisage this as being suitable for a masculine birthday card.




Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out all the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Cardstock:  Whip Cream, Cranberry Cocktail, Jelly Bean Green, Steel Gray, Cement Gray (MFT), Lemon Tart (PTI), white, Spiffier Speckles (Lawn Fawn)
Dies:  On the Farm (Honey Bee Stamps), Circle Infinity Dies (Hero Arts), Snow Drifts (MFT), Hexi-Gem Sentiments Hot Foil (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, we could easily combine our farm sets, couldn't we? I love your sweet happy birthday card and would love to live in that darling farm house!
=]

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh this is a super, cute card, and I love that die set. My grandson would be a huge fan of that tractor.
Thanks so much for choosing my card over at FMS - it made my day xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a SUPER take on the sketch, I love your farm scene.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun little scene! This is cute, Karren!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a fun card Karren, and great use of the sketch
Blessings
Maxine

Amy O said...

What a fun card! I love the scene you've created and how the backgrounds flow from one circle to another.

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - I love how you created this die cut scene! Fun card!

Claire said...

I looked at these die cuts myself Karren - love them! Such a great way to use them in the sketch!

Jen Timko said...

Just as cute as can be! I love this scene.

Jen Brum said...

I do not need those dies. I do not need those dies. I do not need those dies. This is the sweetest card ever! I love every aspect of it! Too cute!

Cécile RIBON said...

I love this super sweet farm scene! It makes such a perfect masculine birthhday card!