Thursday 7 December 2023

Pinecones

 Hi and welcome!  It's my turn to design the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches and I came up with this one in about 30 seconds - then wondered what on earth I was going to make with it!  In the end, some NBUS dies came to the rescue.


I die-cut the pinecones and needles from white cardstock and used ink to colour them up.  Onto the pinecones, I flicked some Black Soot distress ink followed by gold ink and onto the needles just the gold ink.  I then assembled the pieces and adhered it all together.  

The patterned paper is from some my mother gave me and is from CTMH.  The Desert Sorm card based was embossed with the Burlap embossing folder.



Finally, the sentiment is a BetterPress plate that was hot-foiled with gold foil.

Thanks so much for visiting.  The design team have made some fabulous cards so I hope you'll check them out.



Products used:

Ink:  Evergreen, Green Onyx, Enchanted Gold (Altenew), S'Mores (Catherine Pooler), Ground Espresso, Black Soot Distress Ink
Cardstock:  Neenah Desert Storm, White, Home for Christmas patterned paper (CTMH)
Dies:  Lovely Layers: Winter Greenery (Honey Bee Stamps), Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Fancy Sentiment Strips (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Burlap EF (Honey Bee Stamps), Gold Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I think I had a kilt in this very tartan when I was in high school!
It's a wonderful Sketch and gorgeous card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I like the warm plaid with the pinecones! Pretty card, Karren!

Dawn T said...

so pretty Karren. Great take on the sketch... it's a classic for sure

Nancy said...

Great card and those pinecones look amazing! Thanks for having me at Freshly Made this week and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Jen Mitchell said...

That doesn't look like a 30-second design! I think it's pretty fabulous and it's so versatile. I love how you paired the pinecones with the plaid and the textured background. Such a festive Christmas card!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh, I love this. The tartan and the pine cones are just a perfect combo xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a really lovely card.
Faith x

Jen Brum said...

This is so gorgeous Karren! I love those big pinecones! You've made them look so amazing! Love the texture on the background as well! Such a great Christmas card!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those pinecones - beautiful! And the plaid backdrop is perfect!

lichazul said...

Gorgeous card 👏💐☺️ happy day