Tuesday 5 December 2023

Poinsettia

Hi!  I'm late with my post for the newest challenge over at The Flower Challenge where this month we are asking players to use gold.  Here's my card which features gold embossing and gold pearls. 



I actually made this card some weeks ago and then realised last week it would work for this challenge - so win!  I stamped, stenciled and die-cut the flower and added a die-cut cover plate to a white card base.  The sentiment was gold heat-embossed then I went around the edged with darker ink to make it stand out more,


Finally, I finished with some gold pearls.


Thanks so much for visiting!  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Festive Poinsettia (Alex Syberia Designs)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versamark, Sage, Spruce, Rose Petals, Rouge, Peppermint Scrub, Merlot (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Cranberry Cocktail (MFT)
Dies:  Festive Poinsettia (Alex Syberia Designs), Rock Glass (Catherine Pooler)
Accessories:  Festive Poinsettia Stencils (Alex Syberia Designs), Gold EP, Gold Pearls

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love the regal burgundy with the pinks and greens! Beautiful card, Karren!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors of your poinsettia and the lovely gold embossed sentiment on the rich burgundy strip.

I Card Everyone said...

I can see me using this Poinsettia again, and again before the end of the year, Karren - it's definitely a favorite of mine. You've shown me how I can use one for two cards - another win!
Gorgeous card!
=]

marilyn said...

Just beautiful! Love that you used burgundy and even covered up a bit of the flower...very artsy!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really elegant card. x

Tracy Grauer said...

This is so beautiful! Nicely done, Karren!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Karren. Lovely card.

Bobby said...

I'm with Michele on this one, Karren. The poinsettia is so large you can make two cards with one using your design layout which is gorgeous with the coverplate in the background and heat embossed sentiment strip.