Thursday 8 August 2024

Birthday Rascal

Hi and welcome.  Narelle Farrugia is our sketch hostess over at Freshly Made Sketches this week and I took the liberty of rotating her sketch 90 degrees to enable my images to all fit.


I had just received this set and wanted to try my Copic colouring again.  The last attempt really knocked any confidence I had so I have been reluctant to try again.  This isn't perfect by any means and my blending needs some work, but it's better than the last attempt, so I'll take it!  I really need to take some time off work and just spend it in the craft room! 

After colouring and die-cutting the images, I set to work on the polaroids.  I die-cut them from white cardstock and used some stencils and distress ink to add a bit of colour to the background.  


I then assembled the polaroids and after stamping the sentiment on a white card base, I arranged them haphazardly to look like scattered polaroids.  I finished with a pink enamel heart to match the flower colour.



Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the design team!
 


Products used:

Stamps:  YUZU Little Rascal (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Little Rascal, Precious Polaroids (MFT)
Accessories:  Grassy Edges, Micro Cloud Edges Stencils (MFT), Enamel Heart, Copics

Cheers
Karren




9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So adorable, I love it. x

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, you haven't lost a bit of skill in my humble opinion! Your little rascals are just darling and perfectly Copic-colored! and come on: GREY!!!
=]

Bobby said...

I think you are too hard on yourself, Karren. You did a great job coloring those darling raccoons. I wish I could do as well.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ah, this is too cute, and your colouring looks great to me. Thanks for choosing my card for last week's Queen of Clean over at FMS xxx

Amy O said...

This little rascal is adorable! I love how you've made the squares into polaroids for the sketch.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Karren - love that cute image, and the innovative way you have used the sketch
Blessings
Maxine

donna mikasa said...

You are so modest, Karren. Your coloring is way better than mine and I love your little Polaroids!

Kim S said...

These little guys are charming! I love them in their little photos and it's all so perfect with the sentiment.

Ida said...

Very sweet card.