Friday 2 August 2024

Floral Tag

 Hi all, I'm back with a card for the latest Tic-Tac-Toe challenge where I went straight down the left coloum with Gift Tag-Flowers-Twine to come up with this card.


Looking at this now, I see that this is not technically a gift tag but just a tag, so I hope I will be forgiven.  The main floral piece was cut from a sheet I had ink-blended with the Charming Delight stencil set.  I saw this used by my friend Michele Ferguson and immediately had to buy it and try to recreate using similar colours to Michele's.  To put my own spin on it, once I had finished the stenciling, I stamped over the panel with the Papillon stamp and light gray ink.  As this made a big panel, I did some other finishes to other pieces of the stenciled pattern which will probably appear in future cards - think embossing paste and vintage...




Once I'd created my tag, I also die-cut a shadow before tying them together with baker's twine.  I dry-embossed a panel of cardstock and adhered that to the cardbase adding a black strip of cardstock to tie in with the twine.  I finished with a sentiment and enamel dots.

Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the challenge over at Tic-Tac-Toe and have a go yourself.


Products used:

Stamps:  Crackle Background (SSS), Stylish Oval Birthday (Spellbinders)
Ink:  Rose Quartz, Peach Parfait, Purple Wine, Orange Cream, Sunkissed, Firebrick, Mocha, Sea Forest, Marshland, Misty Moor, Puffy Heart, Mangrove Root, Cosmic Berry (Altenew), Lost Shadow Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Black, Stone Gray (MFT), Coral (MFT)
Accessories:  Charming Delight Stencil Art (Altenew) Enamel Dots, Baker's Twine

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely - and defintiely a gift tag!

donna mikasa said...

Such a pretty tag that could be used as a bookmark, too!

I Card Everyone said...

Wow, Karren! I am so humbled by your shoutout - thank you so much and for trying these inks for yourself! Honestly, that stencil is gorgeous no matter the color, isn't it?
I can't wait to see what you make with the rest of that panel - your beautiful tag can be the gift tag that keeps on giving!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card. Love the embossing and the "gift" tag. x

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous card Karren. Your tag is delightful and looks great on the card.

kiwimeskreations said...

this is gorgeous Karren - love the lay out with the tag attached to the contrast panel on the left
Blessings
Maxine

Silke Ledlow said...

Karren, what a striking beautiful card you have crafted! I love the colors and the design!