Thursday, 24 September 2026

Mushroom Mail

Hi and welcome.  Today's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches was designed by Donna Mikasa.  For the triangle element on the sketch, I went with an envelope which is sort of triangular.


I stenciled with some crackle paste on the background panel.  While that was drying, I went to work on the envelope and its contents.  The envelope was die-cut from patterned paper and all the elements inside were leftovers from a previous project here.  Once the stenciled panel was dry, I cut a section from it and layered some thin slivers of black cardstock on each end.


The front of the kraft card base was embossed with my new favourite embossing folder - Cracked Leather - which gives a subtle impression to lift a plain card base.  I finished with a twine bow on the sentiment label.

Thanks for visiting!  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Envelope of Wonder Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Ink: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs, Lumberjack Plaid, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, Rustic Wilderness Distress Inks, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Cardstock: Neenah Desert Storm, Caramel Toffee (Altenew), Black, White, Salvage District patterned paper (Prima)
Dies: Autumn Wonder (Spellbinders), Labels Eight (Spellbinders), Signed & Sealed (The Greetery)
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Crackle Paste Opaque (Tim Holtz), Old Pages stencil (Finnabair), Cracked Leather Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz)

Cheers
Karren

If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I like your new embossing and every little bit of things you've stuffed this pretty envelope with!

donna mikasa said...

You clever girl--an envelope for the triangular element! And I love the bits and bobs you added in the envie, roo!

Verena said...

You had me at mushrooms! These are so cute coming out of that stuffed envelope!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karren that envelope is bursting with fall goodness! Love the colourful background too. A gorgeous card!

Jen Timko said...

Who would have thought those were some leftover pieces?! This is such a great card and I'm in love with the idea of autumn just bursting out of that envelope.

Kim S said...

I love how you've built up all the elements in that envelope to make the triangle!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card! I just love that envelope full of treasures! Love the texture, the colours and the background! So pretty!

donna mikasa said...

So sorry for the typos! My hands are doing their own thing. “Too”, not “roo”!