Sunday 28 May 2017

Cone Head


I just love the humorous sets at Art Impressions and this one is no exception!  I used Doggy Kisses to make a one-layer card and I'm entering it into CAS(E) This Sketch, Art Impressions white space challenge and Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge.



I stamped the very unamused looking dog onto X-Press It cardstock and colored him with Copics.  I then die-cut it with a stitched frame.  I stamped the sentiment as if he's resting his head on it and added in some ground.  In case it's not immediately obvious, I flipped the CTS sketch and used images to represent each of the elements.




Oh man, this dog just cracks me up.  I remember when our dog Dexter had his manhood removed when he was a puppy and we had to put a cone on him.  As soon as we put it on, he turned into a statue and wouldn't move until we took it off again.  He was obviously terrified but it was pretty funny at the same time.




Thanks for visiting!




Products used:

Stamps:  Doggy Kisses (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Intense Black (SSS)
Cardstock:  X-Press It
Dies:  Blueprints 25 (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Art Impressions.

14 comments:

Aileen said...

Ahh Karren I love it. We recently had to put a cone on Jake and kept calling him cone head. He looked so funny and got so frustrated when food got caught on the overlap. Great card and love love that stamp.

Jen W. said...

I love this!! I must have this set!
Whenever Atticus had to have a cone he would just stand with it pressed up against the wall and not move. Poor guy!

Dotty Jo said...

Superb! Jo x

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely adorable card, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring, as always, and I love how you created the ground! Fun sentiment, too :) I feel so badly for any pup who has to wear one of these cones...

Cara said...

Fabulous card. I totally need this stamp set!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is just too cute! But poor Dexter!!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren this guy just cracks me up! I find it funny that, no matter that his tail is bandaged, he's still wagging it to beat the band!
Your 'cone of shame' is fabulous!
=]

Leigh Penner said...

Very fun take on the sketch, Karren!

Mandy said...

Fabulous CAS card Karren! That image is so cute & just perfect for our challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Hannelie said...

Clever creative take on the sketch Karren! And that face!
Spare me the day that Sugar needs a cone. He is such a busy one, he would HATE it!
Thanks for joining CTS this week!

Karen Day said...

Great card, Karren! And perfect for our White Space challenge :o)

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, this is totally awesome! So so cool! Thanks so much for joining us at the Ai challenge! :)

Kim S said...

Made me laugh out loud!!!

Dot J Freel said...

That card is too cute and I love it!