Friday 19 May 2017

Gullfriend

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another fun challenge from the team at Just Add Ink and this week we have a sketch, created by Narelle.

I just had to ink up my NBUS stamp set by MFT - these seagulls just make me smile whenever I see them!


I decided to create a bit of a scene behind the seagull and used some masks and distress inks to create the sea and sky.  I die-cut the piece with a stitched circle die and then also with one of the little waves dies in the seagull set.  After I stamped, colored and die-cut my seagull, I popped him into the scene and adhered him down with some liquid glue.  The white card base was die-cut with a stitched rectangle die and then for the horizontal panel on the sketch I scored two lines (which, of course, you can't see in the photo!).




I did some surgery on one of the sentiments in the stamp set and stamped "gullfriend" just above the bottom score line.  The "hi" was die-cut from Smoke cardstock using an Altenew alphabet die set, which I think has a fun look which matches the seagull.





Thanks for visiting.  The design team have some wonderful inspiration for you so head on over and check them out.

Image may contain: text
Products used:

Stamps:  Seaside Seagulls (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT), Broken China, Tumled Glass Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Smoke, X-Press It
Dies:  Seaside Seagulls, Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Stitched Cloud Edges (MFT), Inline Alpha Dies (Altenew), Stitched Rectangle Mats (Lil Inkers)
Accessories:  Copics, Scoreboard

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Cara said...

Love that sentiment! Such a fun card. Cara x

I Card Everyone said...

OMG Karren!!! it's almost like we were crafting together!! Isn't this the cutest EVER??? LOve the clouds you've created along the horizon... so awesome!
=]

Patrice said...

Your masking & sponging is perfect! Love this cute little image & the matching sentiment - GORJUSS! I just love your CAS, yet totally gorgeous creations. xx

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable!

Christine Blain said...

Utterly fabulous! LOVE all the details, including the little waves. The seagull and sentiments are gorgeous, and you've put everything together with perfection, as always. PS: I can see the score lines. :)

Tina said...

LOL, I think of the seagulls in Finding Nemo when I look at your super cute card!

Jan said...

The scene you've created is so fabulous Karren, and I love the little wave cut for your gorgeous gullfriend to float in. Along with the super cute sentiment, this made me chuckle :-)xx

KimB said...

That seagull is very quirky cute and definitely has some attitude Karren! Love the background you created behind him - it really spotlights him. x

Migdalia said...

This is so cute!! Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M


Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute card, Karren! I'm loving this little seagull and the alphas you chose for your sentiment are perfect! A really fun card for a dear friend :)

ColourmehappyDi said...

This made me smile, Karren. The look on the seagull & who doesn't love a good pun. I need that for my SIL. Of course goes without saying your colouring makes the images pop for a fab card.
D :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

He totally make me smile every time I look at him! Such a cool card!

Karen Davis said...

Such a fun sentiment. I love the background you have created, especially the masking and wee waves. The gull has such attitude LOL