Saturday 27 May 2017

Stripes and Leaves


Hi!  Today's card uses the colors from Color Throwdown, the sketch from MFT and the die-cut theme at The Male Room.




I die-cut a piece of Slate cardstock using a Basic Scallop Edges die and then cut out the centre using a pierced square frame.  I used the same die to cut into a piece of gray diagonally striped patterned paper and a piece of vellum.  The outer frame of the scalloped piece was adhered to a white card base and then I used the square frame to position both the patterned paper and vellum in the centre.

The sentiment was white embossed on the Slate panel.  After die-cutting some leaves in Green Apple and Slate, I positioned them inside the frame and popped up the frame with foam tape.  I finished the card with some Nuvo drops.




Thanks for visiting.


Sketch Challenge 334 #mftstamps


Products used:

Stamps:  The Whole Herd (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Slate, Green Apple (SSS), Dots and Stripes Patterned Paper (MFT), Vellum
Dies:  Basic Scallop Edges, Pierced Square Frames, Layered Leaves (MFT)
Accessories:  Nuvo Drops

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Cara said...

Stunning card, those nuvo drops finish it perfectly x

~amy~ said...

perfect. simply perfect.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous, Karren! Love the dark grey with the green!

Jeanne H said...

This is a particularly handsome card!

Karen Davis said...

I love everything about this card. The colours, the mix of die cuts, the stripes!! Perfection Karren.

Barb Ghig said...

Love your take on the sketch and color combo! Your leaves have so much character and I love how they pop against the diagonal stripes...you nailed it, Karren...this is a fabulous card!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is fabulous. I love gray + {fill in any color here}, especially when it's a bright color like the apple green. Please convince me that I don't need Nuvo drops...Are they like Stickles?

Amy Rohl said...

Karren!! This is a gorgeous mix of dies and stamps - I just love the subtle stripes behind the leaves. LOVE!

Broni said...

I love your die-cut leaves over the striped background! Great card design! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!