Thursday 4 May 2017

Pink Roses

Hi!  I'm here with another fun sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week my Aussie mate, Narelle, is our hostess.



This card fought me the whole way and I ended up with some creased leaves but by then, I was over it and just left them, so the creases you see in a few leaves in the close-up aren't meant to be there 😉



I black-embossed the flowers onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and colored them with Zig markers.  From there, the plan was to die-cut them with a circle die, doing some out-of-the-box die-cutting.  That worked fine but then I stupidly decided to add some gray around the outside.  What a mess!  So to fix it, I splattered on some Black Soot ink.  Double mess!  To fix the problem I fussy cut the flowers.




I took a white card panel and die-cut it with a dotted half circle die.  I adhered two angle-cut strips - the top one having been white-embossed.  After I added the flowers with foam tape and adhered the panel to a top-folding card base, I added some Nuvo Shimmer Drops and called it done!

Thanks so much for visiting.  As always, the rest of the design team have some gorgeous cards to inspire you.

I'm linking this up to the tic-tac-toe challenge at Paper Players - using the Pink-Leaves-Flower combo.


Products used:

Stamps:  Bamboo Rose (Altenew)
Ink:  Black Soot Archival, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, Smoke, Slate (SSS)
Dies;  Blueprints 6, Blueprints 8, Blueprints 21 (MFT)
Accessories:  Zig Markers, White EP, Sherbert Shimmer Nuvo Drops

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Paper Players.




13 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Looking at this pretty card it's hard to imagine that it gave you so much trouble! I'm glad you didn't give up on it because I love how it came out!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh the twists and turns we go through to make a card! But the end result is lovely.....in spite of the four letter words you may have said along the way...lol....

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Karren! I love those flowers! The colours are so vibrant! Love the enamel dots too! Just fabulous!

Christine Blain said...

Wow, what a stunning end result, though! Perfectly executed, even if it was painful during the process. So glad you persisted. x

Aileen said...

Simply stunning Karren, love the vibrancy of the colour.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Well you might have had a few creased leaves Karren but I think this card is totally worth it! I love the bold outlines of your flowers - they really make the pink pop and the creative punched arch behind is also a neat touch. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Great save on the flowers and honestly, I wouldn't have noticed the creased leaves if you hadn't mentioned it :) Another really gorgeous card, Karren...beautiful bold flowers and stunning CAS design!

Cara said...

Well, it turned out great in the end! Fab card. Cara x

Jen Mitchell said...

Nice save! You'd never know from the finished product that this card gave you any trouble at all! It's beautiful!

Karen Davis said...

Wow! The roses look like stained glass, so rich and fresh. Such a pretty card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this! Your flowers are just stunning and have such depth to them. I adore everything about this card!

Stampingcountry said...

Gorgeous Clean and Simple Card!

Jen Timko said...

You are your own worst critic for sure! These flowers are stunning. Period. No debate. Love this card!