Thursday 11 May 2017

Paris Background

Thanks for popping by!  It's time for another fun Fusion challenge and this time I've gone for a simple, yet versatile sketch and a focus on navy and white and patterns in the inspiration photo.


I had great fun making my card which mainly uses the sketch but also brings in the navy and white color scheme from the photo.




My background panel was made using a technique that I first learned over 10 years ago.  I made up some panels using the technique and found them a few months ago.  But I couldn't remember how I made them.  I could only remember I found the technique in one of my mother's stamping magazines.  So off to mum's I went and her and I searched and searched until I found the article.  I decided to work with materials I had on hand and came up with this panel which I over-stamped with the Papillon stamp set by Tim Holtz.


This started out as a piece of plan black cardstock and I layered over it using metallic and various blue Distress Paints.  With the aid of water and a credit card, I ended up with this look.  I did film the process which you can see below or over on YouTube.  Apologies for the squeaky chair at the beginning - I narrated as I created, so no voiceovers. 



Thanks for visiting!  The rest of the design team have done some wonderful things with this challenge, so I hope you check them out.

I'm linking this up to Addicted to Stamps and More who have an Anything Goes challenge this week.


Products used:

Stamps:  Papillon, Hashtags (Tim Holtz)
Ink:  Black Soot Archival
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Blueprints 21, Stitched Dot Circles (MFT)
Accessories:  Brushed Pewter, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire Distress Paints.

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love that you create you own amazing backgrounds! This is fabulous! Now off to You Tube to see how you did it!

Barb Ghig said...

Your background turned out beautifully, Karren! With the technique and your stamping, it looks like 'high-end' designer paper, and your card is gorgeous! Thanks again for the wonderful video!!!

I Card Everyone said...

That gorgeous panel is worth every ounce of effort, and paint!!! What a wonderful card it made, too! LOve that Paris print over top!
=]

cm said...

I'll echo the others: you've created a stunning panel that is both inspired and inspiring! The print/script is sooooo striking!
~carol

Cara said...

Fab card, I love how you tracked down the technique! Cara x

Jen Mitchell said...

You win the award for having the most organized crafting space ever!! When you said you found these panels a few months ago that were made with a technique you learned 10 years ago I didn't realize that you made those panels 10 years ago! Amazing! Both the technique, the card, and your hoarding skills!