Thursday 16 February 2023

Birthday Bouquet

 Hi!  Today's card uses the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, where Kim Singdahlsen is our hostess.  Here's the card I made with her fun sketch:


When I first saw the sketch I was planning on doing rainbow stripes of coloured cardstock, but the last few weeks I haven't been feeling the joy from card-making, so this card was put together with pretty much no creative inspiration 😄  I'm really and truly hoping the joy comes back soon, because I do love this craft.

Anyway, stamps and co-ordinating stencils with a touch of Copic shading thrown in pulled this card together.  The background is patterned paper matted with white cardstock, both of which were die-cut with the Torn Paper Edges die to keep with the "clean" requirement for the challenge.


I completely spaced on the sentiment placement because the tag was perfect, so apologies to Kim for missing that!  The cardbase was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder and I chose to use some pale yellow cardstock as a change from white.


Thanks for visiting!  The design team have some much more inspired cards to wow you with, so please check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Sketched Wildflower Bouquet (The Greetery)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Versafine Onyx Black, Vanilla Cream, Sunray, Honey Drizzle, Maple Yellow (Altenew), Sage, Eucalyptus (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Banana Split, Thick & Thin (MFT)
Dies:  Sketched Wildflower Bouquet (The Greetery), Torn Paper Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  Sketched Wildflower Bouquet Stencils (The Greetery), Copics, Black Enamel Dots, Subtle Embossing Folder (SU)

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Kim S said...

I love that you used black and white behind the flowers. The torn edge is a gorgeous look!

I Card Everyone said...

There are few things that please my eye more than texture, and black and white stripes, Karren! Top that with yellow flowers? I'm a happy girl! This is so pretty!
=]

Bobby said...

I think we all hit a lull, Karren, so no worries that the joy will come back. You wouldn't know it by this lovely card. I love that stripe behind the flowers and the tag is perfect.

Lisa Elton said...

That's a cheerful little bouquet! Pretty card, Karren!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done for a 'low mojo' card Karren, this is so cheerful and pretty. The black and white stripes are stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

such a beautiful card Karren. Even if your mojo isn't there, you still have a great eye for a design. love the torn edge die.

Linda Callahan said...

your spray of flowers is lovely against the b/w panel - pretty card!

Jen Brum said...

This is a beautiful card Karren! That flower is stunning and so bright! Love that torn panel as well! So gorgeous!