Thursday 2 February 2023

Framed

 Hi!  I was thrilled when my card was picked by Nancy and the team at Color Hues a few weeks back.  As part of winning the challenge, I was invited to be a guest designer for this new color challenge and what gorgeous colours they are:


I immediately wanted to make a floral card and this is the end result.


I stamped the main image from Garden Roses onto white card and used the co-ordinating stencils to colour it.  My ink colours were Clay Mask (light and darker) and Polished for the flowers and Matcha and Sage for the leaves.  Once finished, I used the die to cut it out and arranged it on a white card base.  My original intention was to have the flowers draping from the top left and the sentiment in the lower right.  After I stamped the sentiment, I realised the off-cut would look pretty in the bottom right.

Then I decided it looked a bit bare and cut a Sage Leaf frame to frame the centre of the card and the sentiment.  Then I decided to go all out and die-cut quite a few different-sized frames and positioned them on the card base just for some added interest.


The CAS-lover in me thinks this is too much, but it is interesting and a bit different from my usual style, so I'm putting it out there!  I finished the card with a wee coral enamel heart.

Thanks so much for visiting and thanks to Nancy and the team for inviting me to play along!  Please head over and check out the wonderful cards made using this gorgeous colour combo.


Products used:

Stamps:  Garden Roses (Pink Fresh Studio)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Versafine Onyx Black, Matcha, Sage, Clay Mask, Polished (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Sage Leaf (Lawn Fawn)
Dies:  Garden Roses (Pink Fresh Studio), Nesting Rectangle Frames (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Garden Roses stencils (Pink Fresh Studio), Enamel Heart (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

Amy O said...

What a pretty card! I love the gorgeous flowers and the the geometric shapes add a perfect bit of interest. Beautifully done, Karren!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the idea of all the layered frames and the interest they add to the card without being busy! This is pretty Karren!

Dawn T said...

stunning card Karren. Such an awesome colour .

Karen said...

I'm also a fan of CAS, but I think the arrangement of the frames in the background is just wonderful. Your beautiful roses make this one gorgeous card! It's so nice to have you guesting at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

This is my 2nd attempt at a comment so if I repeat myself, please forgive! So pleased to see you join in with us at Color Hues this week as GD, love how your design 'evolved'. The sage frames remind me of trellis, so perfect for your roses to ramble over!

I Card Everyone said...

The CAS lover in me is saying 'get over yourself' WHAT A GORGEOUS IDEA TO ADD THOSE FRAMES!! These roses are a favorite of mine - so pretty in the challenge colors, Karren!
=]

JoAnn said...

Great technique to use the die frames in different sizes for the background of the lovely roses. Your coloring looks great and I like how you added the cut off to the bottom right corner.

Marcia Hill said...

Your "added interest" with the frames makes this card FABULOUS Karren! The roses in the coral shades are just beautiful and then the leaves and coordinating frames make this card swoon worthy...LOVE it!! Thanks so much for guesting with us this month at Color Hues...your card will definitely inspire others to play along! Marcia (DT)

Nancy said...

As I mentioned already but worth repeating, this is a lovely card and you have showcased the colors perfectly! Thanks for being with us at Color Hues! Hugs too!

Linda Callahan said...

You are the perfect guest! I love the gorgeous flowers and the frames are wonderful as a backdrop’

Stef Perry said...

Karren, your design is brilliant - geometrics combined with florals is such a fabulous look! So glad you joined us as guest designer for this challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Karren your card is just beautiful, I love the frame to the colours you chose for the flowers. We are so happy to have you are our guest at the Color Hues!

JulieP said...

I am in love with the background design with the frames! You showcased my color choice so perfectly. This is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us!!!

Cindy Groh said...

This is such a beautiful card. The design is different, but in a good way.

cm said...

Running late with commenting but here, now, to let you know: I think your card is gorgeous! The flowers, the assortment of frames...it all just works wonderfully! Thrilled to have you as our guest designer for this challenge!
~carol