Friday 3 February 2023

Dear Friend

 Hi!  I'm back with another card for the Tic-Tac-Toe team and this week, I am the hostess.  Here is the board I created:


For my card this week, I went with the right-hand diagonal - Stencil, Friendship, Butterfly - to come up with this card:


If you follow my blog, you would have seen these colours being used on the smaller Pink Fresh hot foil butterflies a few weeks ago.  I actually made this card first and loved the colours so much I re-created the look on the smaller butterflies.  Once I had the hot-foiling, stenciling and die-cutting done, I went to work on the card base.  

I masked off a rectangle and used the Postcard stencil from Stamperia and some white embossing paste for a tone-on-tone look.


The sentiment is also hot-foiled and die-cut with the co-ordinating die.  I finished with some enamel dots to match the butterfly colours.

Thanks so much for visiting.  The design team have some fabulous cards with this board, so I hope you'll check them out and play along with us.

Products used:

Ink:  Blue Suded Shoes, Dress Blues, Sea Glass, Uptown, All That Jazz, Daydream, Black Jack (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Butterflies Hot Foil Plate and Die (Pink Fresh Studio), Hello Dear Friend hot foil (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Postcard stencil (Stamperia), White embossing paste, Black Hot Foil, Enamel Dots (WPlus 9 and Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Karren. Love that pretty butterfly. I have this stamp & die set and need to get it out and play with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dawn T said...

It really is a gorgeous colour combo Karren. Love the textured background too. Great card

I Card Everyone said...

I've been thinking about this big beauty since seeing your little flutterbys! Such gorgeous colors, Karren! I am so amazed by the detail in that Stamperia stencil!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that is one gorgeous butterfly! Fabulous card!

marilyn said...

Absolutely lovely card! Layout is so balanced and interesting too...

Bobby said...

I love the bright colors on the foiled butterfly, Karren, and the wonderful textured background.

Vicky Hayes said...

You are the hostess with the mostest Karren! Loving the colour combination and it really does look stunning on this huge butterfly. Love your embosing paste background too. Hugs from Vicky at TTT team X