Tuesday 2 January 2024

Blue Cup

 Hi!  I'm playing along with the new challenge at Color Hues where they are looking for light blue and navy colourways.

I had the idea to Copic-colour a coffee cup in navy blue and put it in a light-blue background so that's what I did.


I'm trying to be a bit more creative in staging my photos.  It probably won't last once I get back to work and time becomes an issue, but for now, it's quite good fun to come up with layouts.  

Funnily, I had originally planned to have the ink-blending and cup in the upper portion of the card, but I did my ink-blending with the card base upside down and had to improvise - so bottom right it is 😄



After ink-blending Salvaged Patina Distress Ink, I masked off the rest of the card base and spattered on some white acrylic paint.  Once that was dry, I stamped the sentiment and added the Copic-coloured cup and saucer which has my favourite beverage - black coffee (second favourite is green tea, but that didn't work with the sentiment!)

Thanks so much for visiting!  For once, I could actually fit all the Copics used in my hand so here they are if anyone is interested.




Products used:

Stamps:  Coffee and Tea (SSS)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Amalgam (Gina K), Salvaged Patina Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Accessories:  White Gloss Paint, Copics

Cheers
Karren


9 comments:

Karen said...

This is such a fun card! I love the ink blended background and splatters which makes that beautifully colored cup pop right out! The sentiment is a keeper, too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Karren, truer words were never spoken! Sure wish we could have a cup together - I drink mine black, too!
Fabulous card - beautiful coloring!
=]

JulieP said...

Your coloring of this cup is perfection!!!! I love the dotted details in your background too. Thanks so much for starting out the New Year with Color Hues, Karren!

Marcia Hill said...

A happy accident where your coffee cup ended up on your card Karren...I love it right where it is! And your coloring is SO pretty...this whole card is CAS perfection! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Challenge...we love seeing you in the gallery! Marcia (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A striking card, Karen.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Callahan said...

Your copic coloring is fabulous! That blue cup is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

I think your mistake worked out well, it did make me smile though. Awesome card and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues and Happy New Year to you!

Stef Perry said...

A happy accident makes for a great card, Karren! Love your gorgeous coloring of the navy cup and saucer and the pretty background! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!