Thursday 25 January 2024

Leafy Drops

 Hi and welcome!  Jacquie Southas is our sketch hostess this week over at Freshly Made Sketches and she has a great, versatile sketch for us.  I wasn't feeling creative when I went into my craft room to create my card and couldn't decide what I wanted to do, but saw an unused background stamp in my NBUS box and that was the start I needed to make this card.


I gold heat-embossed the Overlapping Drops background stamp onto both black and white cardstock to see which I liked better.  I decided to go with the black for a more dramatic look.  From there I die-cut a circle as well as two smaller circles from gold matte foil cardstock.  The leaf was already made and had been treated with some foundry wax so worked well with the gold theme of the card.


I finished with an already-foiled sentiment and some gold pearls.  

Thanks for visiting.  The design team have some fabulous cards so please head over and check them out.




Products used:

Stamps:  Overlapping Drops (SSS)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Gold Matte Foil
Dies:  Embossed Edge Circles (Kat Scrappiness), Hexi-Gem Sentiments (Spellbinders), Fall Leaves (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Gilded EP (Brutus Monroe), Foundry Wax (Tim Holtz), Gold Hot Foil, Autumn Pearl Stickers (Honey Bee Stamps)

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

I adore this artsy elegant card! I love all of the elements you put together!

I Card Everyone said...

Very elegant, and so lovely, Karren!
=]

Jacquie Southas said...

There is something so modern and classical about this design, Karren!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

That is a fabulous background stamp! Total glam the way you used it! beautiful card!

Kim S said...

What a great combination of that background and that single leaf. I love it in black and gold - so perfect for the sentiment!

Jen Brum said...

What a fantastic card Karren! I just love the black and gold. So elegant! Love that background image! So beautiful!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a beautiful and striking card. I love the rich, art deco style.

donna mikasa said...

Such a bold, dramatic and BEAUTIFUL card, Karren! Your gold embossing is perfection!

Amy O said...

I love that background, and with the gold it's dramatic and so striking. Gorgeous card, Karren!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an amazing card, Karren! I just love these graphic and modern patterns and the classy color palette. So striking!