Thursday 11 January 2024

Create Happiness

Hi and welcome!  Today's Freshly Made Sketch was designed by Cecile Ribon and I have to admit I went a big rogue and miniaturised and re-layered the sketch to make my card.

 

My original thought when I saw the sketch was to use washi for the strips, but then I had the idea of these miniature dies from MFT.  I was going to use the Copic markers dies for the strips but then couldn't work out the "leaves" from the sketch.  So I went with the paint brush, tubes and palette which sort of matches the sketch but in miniature plus the strips are on top.

I purchased the Colour Cubes last week and while I'm still waiting on the physical product I do have the PDF and I used that to come up with my colour scheme.  It's refreshing to step outside my normal colours for a change! For anyone interested, I used colour palette 098 for this card.


Everything except the silver foil elements was cut from white cardstock and coloured/shaded with Copic markers.  Once it was assembled I arranged the elements to as closely match the sketch as possible.  Because everything was so much smaller than the sketch, I added a layer of cardstock behind the elements onto which I stamped the sentiment.

I finished with some pearls and a clay heart.  Thanks so much for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.






Products used:

Stamps:  Crafty Life (Altenew)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Ballet Slippers (C+9), silver matte foil cardstock
Dies:  Just Add Paint, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Seafoam Pearls (Pretty Pink Posh), white clay heart

Cheers
Karren


10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love to read your thought process, Karren... it all came together beautifully!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my those little die cuts are as sweet as can be! Beautiful card!

Lisa Elton said...

Miniature or full sized, this is terrific!

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Karren. Great take on the sketch.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous use of the sketch, Karren, and a delightful result
Blessings
Maxine

Jen Brum said...

I just love this card Karren! I love the soft colours but I love that palette and the brushes. That sentiment is so lovely as well! Super creative take on the sketch!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Karren! The miniature piece shine big.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a fun take on the sketch Karren - I love those artsy miniatures!

Maria said...

Beautiful creative card in lovely color!!

Kim S said...

You are such a rebel!!! I absolutely love how you were inspired. All the sketch elements are there - in a unique and very eye-catching way!