Thursday 18 January 2024

Teal Flowers

Hi and welcome!  Today's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches was designed by Judy Rozema and is a classic!

I made my card using die-cuts from a previous session as well as a colour combo from the Colour Cubes. 

 

I saved a heap of time by designing my card in advance in my Trinity Stamps Cardmaking Sketchbook, so it was a reasonably simple matter to put it all together.  The background panel was stamped with the sentiment then run through my die-cutting machine with the Lumber embossing folder.  The teal square was die-cut with an embossed edge square die to give it added texture and then I arranged the flowers.



It's hard to make out in the photo, but the mat around the square as well as the strip down the right side of the vertical panel is silver matte foil, which adds a lovely elegance.



Thanks so much for visiting.  Be sure to check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Eucalyptus, Jade, Pastel Sunrise, Coral Bliss, Vanilla Cream (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Coral Crush, Peach Bellini, In the Buff, Caribbean Sea (MFT), Sage (Spellbinders), Ocean Tides (PTI), Adriatic (Hero Arts), Silver Matte Foil
Dies:  Be Bold Blooms (Spellbinders), Embossed Edge Squares (Kat Scrappiness)
Accessories:  Lumber EF (Tim Holtz)

Cheers
Karren


11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, you started with a fantastic Sketch - yours and Judy's! LOve the wood grain panel and every single bloom and leaf - gorgeous colors with those teals!
=]

marilyn said...

What a totally delightful spring bouquet! Generally don't like so many die cuts on a card, but your card is exceptional!

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card! Love those gorgeous colors!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Karren. Love the colors and of course those pretty flowers.

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty colors, pretty flowers, pretty card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A stunning card, with a lovely colour mix.
Faith x

Linda Callahan said...

Your floral arrangement is beautiful against the blue!

Jen Brum said...

So pretty Karren! I just love what you do with the Blooms! The colours are fantastic! I love the texture of the background! Just beautiful!

Judy Rozema said...

I love the colors - I have both cubes and need to USE them!!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is stunning Karren! I love the way the oranges pop against the blues - and I agree about Judy's sketch, a classic! Vicky x

Kim S said...

This is amazing! I am in awe of the gorgeous colors!