Wednesday 9 November 2022

Case Me A Christmas Card 2022


Hi and welcome!  I am so happy to have again been invited by  Michelle Lupton to play along in her Case Me A Christmas Card series.  This is always a fun challenge because we get to choose a card created by each other and create a CASE of it, with a Christmas theme.

I chose to CASE a beautiful rainbow birthday card that Michelle created (link and photo below) and decided to keep the masked border, the rainbow ink-blending and the white/gray floral/foliage theme.



I started by using a mask stencil and once again used Dawn Woleslagle's faux watercolour ink technique, this time using rainbow colours.  Once that was finished, I splattered on some shimmer spray and set it aside to dry.

For the foliage, I wanted to mimic the white with shading look that Michelle created but decided to use cardstock for the look.  So I die-cut the leaves and berries bases from white and the outline from Fog cardstock and adhered them together, slightly off-set before adding it to the bottom left corner.  I also added another sprig in the top right corner.



The sentiment is hot-foiled in black on white and I finished with some matte silver pearls.  Here's a look at  Michelle's card which inspired me.


I'm excited to head over to Michelle's blog and see which of my cards she chose to CASE!  It's always fun to see someone's else's take on one of your cards.  Thanks again for inviting me, Michelle!


Products used:

Ink:  Chamomile, Butternut, Coral Bliss, Lavender Field, Parrot (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Fog (SSS)
Dies:  Seasonal Sketch (Tim Holtz), Yana's Christmas Sentiments Hot Foil (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Winter Wonder BG Stencil (Honey Bee), Black Hot Foil, Matte Silver Pearls, Shimmer Spray

Cheers
Karren

 

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the unexpected rainbow panels! Pretty cards, Karren!

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Karren. Your card is stunning

I Card Everyone said...

Well, aren't I happy that I get Michelle's posts, too? I might have missed this beauty!
Gorgeous CASE my friend! Love that technique from Dawn, and it's fab in the rainbow of colors you've used today! That fog card looks foiled or dipped and heat embossed - and beautiful!
=]