Thursday 3 November 2022

Winter Sled

Welcome to my blog where today I'm showing a card I made using the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.   Jen Mitchell is our sketch hostess this week and she has given us a square card, which are always fun to play with.  Here's what I made: 



This Spellbinders die set came to live with me a few weeks ago and I decided it made a good central focus for the sketch.  I put it together almost identically to the packaging so no marks for originality there!  

For the background, I went with Ocean Tide cardstock as that matched my CTMH patterned paper.  I didn't measure my patterned paper panels correctly so fixed the blunder by adding two matte silver foil cardstock strips in between.  


I then added the assembled sled and finished with a hot-foiled sentiment on black.




Thanks so much for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the DT.


Products used:  

Cardstock:  Ocean Tide (PTI), Holly & Ivy (CTMH), Amarena Cherry, Jellybean Green (MFT), Silver Matte Foil, Black, Wood & Notebook Basics (Snap), Blue Spruce (Spellbinders)
Dies:  Welcome Winter Sled, Holiday Sentiments Series 2 (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Silver Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Fabulous holiday card! Love the diecut centerpiece! Perfect for this time of year.....where I live anyway - in your corner of the world you could hang a beach ball on your door ;)

I Card Everyone said...

That fix perfectly tied those panels with the blades of your sweet skates, Karren! What a statement this would make on one's front door. Gorgeous!
=]

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! The sled and the skates make such a great focal point on this holiday card. And blunder or not, I love the addition of the silver foil strips in the middle!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is beautiful Karren! I love that sled and the skates! So perfect for winter! Love that sentiment too! I need to work on my foiling on black...still learning that one!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Karren. Love this gorgeous sledge and skates. It's stunning. Love the CTMH patterned paper.