Saturday 5 November 2022

Don't Fence Me In

Hi and welcome!  I'm thrilled to be Guest Designer at Just Us Girls challenge for the month of November.  The first challenge is to include a fence in your card.


I created this card with this super-cute dog and a die-cut fence.  To start, I stamped and coloured both the head and body of the dog.  The body is actually backwards so I had to mask off his tail before stamping it.  I then die-cut the pieces with the co-ordinating dies before setting them aside to work on my card base.  

I used some masking tape to mask off on the card base so I could blend some Twisted Citron ink for grass then I moved the masking tape and blended Tumbled Glass for the sky.



I adhered the dog's body onto the card base then added the die-cut fence.  I used foam tape to pop up the dog's head.  I finished with a birthday sentiment.







Thanks for visiting.  Please head over and check out the wonderful cards made by the design team and have a go yourself!
Products used:

Stamps:  You Make My Tail Wag, Lucky Dog (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Hot Fudge (MFT), X-Press It
Dies:  You Make My Tail Wag, Picket Fence (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

 

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

a fun card Karren. Love this little dog

Carol said...

Karren, this is just adorable! Your coloring skills are what made it that much better too! So glad you are guesting with us this month!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Ha! I have always loved this pup - and MFT's idea for him - but you've made him work just perfectly for your card, Karren! How lucky are you that you had this fab fence?

Congratulations on being a guest designer, my friend - I look forward to seeing you more often in my inbox!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This is waaaaay too cute! I love it!

Jeanne H said...

What a darling card! Made me smile. Thanks.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cute! I love that dog hanging over the fence and you blended background for the sky and grass looks amazing. Welcome to JUGS, so glad you are joining us this month as our Guest Designer!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a great card! That dog is just adorable :)

Julia Aston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Aston said...

Oh my gosh, that dog hanging over the fence just cracks me up! xx

Bobby said...

That dog peeking over the fence is adorable, Karren. I'm so glad to have you as our guest this month.

Lisa Elton said...

Love this, Karren! It's so CUTE!

Nancy said...

Love the soft scene and the cute little pup, Karren. He certainly made me smile. So happy you are with us this month at JUGS!

Ina G said...

What a fabulous soft background you created Karren. Love the cute dog sitting on the bold coloured fence. Super card. Lovely to have you as our Guest this month.

cm said...

How absolutely adorable is your puppy! A perfect card for the fence challenge! Delighted to have you as our guest designer this month!
~carol

ElizStewart said...

Karren... sorry to be getting to you late... silly hurricane. Love your card! thought about using this set as well but ended up pulling another MFT set. Your coloring is just fab! and the card's simplicity perfection. Thanks again for joining us this month!