Thursday 16 February 2017

Birthday Foliage

It's time for another fabulous sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the wonderful and funny Narelle.  And she has such a versatile sketch for us.


When I made my card, I wasn't in the mood for the stamping part of this craft, so I worked mainly with dies and washi tape to come up with this masculine birthday card.


I am one of those people who is in awe of crafters who can put different elements together to create a collage but it never looks right when I try to do it.  I spent so long working with different dies and patterns but ended up paring it all back to a very simple design.  I knew I wanted to use the Precious Polaroids die but deciding what to put in it was a challenge.  Finally, I used some gray foliage die-cuts and called it a day.  The washi tape was adhered to a white card base and I stamped a sentiment onto the slate polaroid frame and then adhered the leaves in place.



Thanks so much for visiting!  The design team have some gorgeous cards using Narelle's sketch so head on over and check them out.

I'm linking this card up to the Clean and Simple challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More, the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies challenge, as well as the masculine challenge at Sweet Stampin'


Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog



Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Happy Little Stampers.

20 comments:

Lisa said...

I love how you used washi tape for this challenge! I love your style, I found you from over at Fusion Card Challenge and I love the work you do! Happy creating!

Kim S said...

So soft and lovely! I love your placement of the foliage in the frame. And the pop of turquoise is so fresh!

Samra said...

Stunning make as always!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Linda Callahan said...

The die cuts and washi tape look terrific together! Fresh and clean for sure!

karen h said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors and the way you framed the leaf dies.

Barb Ghig said...

Great idea to use your dies for this card, Karren! I love these layering leaves and how you paired them with your Washi tape! Awesome masculine card, and fabulous take on the sketch!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, WOW, I absolutely LOVE what you have done here, Karren!!!! Your washi is lovely!!!! Sooooooooooo beautiful!!!!!
Hugz

PJ said...

Great way to use washi tape.
pjs-projects.blogspot.com

Jen Brum said...

Wow! What a great card Karren! I love those leaves! I never thought of using them in grey! So fantastic and very masculine!

Rosemary said...

fabulous masculine card, karren!!

Claire Grantham said...

I love this Karren, it is such an elegant birthday card that could be used for a girl or a guy. Cx

Monika Reeck said...

Really love how your color combo and the combo of the element using that sketch
clever CAS card
many thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
hugs
Monika (DT member)

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm horrible at putting all those elements together and trying to make them look right. I fussed over my own flowers this week FOREVER and they still don't look good to me. But you don't have to worry because you've done a bang-up job with these leaves. I love how you've arranged them with the polaroid and the washi. :)

Cara said...

A very striking card, fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this and love how you've let the dies do all the work - such a fabulous card!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is a great idea - I love the tape. Thank you for joining us at HLS Anything Goes With A Die.

Emma - DT Member

Rita W said...

I love collage cards as well. I just don't even know where to begin to make one. :) This is very pretty.

canadian_liner said...

Hello Karren,
Thanks so much for the shout-out for my butterfly card at the FMS challenge blog this week. I had fun playing along.
Some beautiful creations here on your blog! I'm happy to join your followers, for some regular inspiration.
I have been to Christchurch, NZ, although over 15 years ago, before the earthquake; I understand it is not quite the same, even now!
Cheers,
Caroline

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love those fabulous colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

Helen Gullett said...

STUNNING CAS card. LOVE your die cuts and frame. Thank You for playing along with HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!