Monday 6 February 2017

You Can Do It

Hi and welcome!  Today, I'm playing along with Kara's 300 Weeks of Inspiration Challenge.  For those of you not familiar with this, Kara has a fabulous Pinterest board called Friday Inspiration Files.  She pins absolutely gorgeous cards there for everyone's inspiration and you know, I don't think she's pinned a single one I don't like!

To celebrate 300 weeks of Friday inspiration, Kara is holding a challenge to choose a card and CASE it.  I chose this gorgeous card made by Wanda Guess from week 277.

1


I CASEd Wanda's layout, colors and text theme to come up with this card.



I stamped the You Matter background down the left hand side of a white card base and set it aside.  I then stamped some yellow roses and leaves from Altenew's Vintage Roses and arranged them into a bouquet with Glad Press 'n' Seal.  The "you" is stacked 5 high in black cardtock and I stamped the rest of the sentiment in Intense Black ink.




I popped that whole panel up on fun foam and then adhered a strip of gold foil down the left hand side before adding it to the card front.  Finally, I colored the roses and leaves with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.

Thanks for visiting!  I encourage you to check out this challenge and also Kara's Pinterest board.




Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Kara said...

You picked a great one. Wanda makes beautiful cards. Yours turned out So lovely!! So glad you could join the challenge.

Betty said...

your card is so lovely - and thanks for reminding me i need to get my card done pronto!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, and fantastic case. Checked out the board, new follower. So many nice cards.

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the gorgeous bright colors, and that BG stamp??!!! where has that one been hiding? Gorgeous ... so glad you joined the Challenge ... Kara is amazingly generous with her wonderful Friday Inspiration File! xx
=]

Susanne Vargas said...

I like your card better than Wanda's, sssshhh! Great CASE! Love the colors and the layout!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous case mf!

Petra Swart said...

FABULOUS CASE, Karren!!!! Love the stamped strip on the side and the roses are simply beautiful!!!! Wonderfully done!!!!
I've got my CASE ready to post this afternoon!!!! I absolutely love Kara's Inspiration files - always so nice to see what caught her eye during the week!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the inspiration card, karren!!

Karen Davis said...

Gorgeous Karren. I love the contrast of the large and small fonts. Just perfect.

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! A beautiful Case!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is such a sweet card! Love those pretty roses!
xx Ashwini

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS take on Wanda's card, Karren! I love your choice of flowers and the bright, fresh yellow just makes me smile :) I also love how you added dimension by stacking your die cut sentiment...such a pretty card!