Friday 10 February 2017

Hearts and Flowers

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another challenge from the fabulous team at Just Add Ink and this week, we have a Just Choose Two challenge.  Your choices are:



I went with Hearts and Flowers and coincidentally, I have a new set of dies called Caprice Hearts that have both hearts and flowers.  Score!


This is the card I made for my mum for her upcoming birthday.  I actually gave it to her last weekend so she had it before she saw it on my blog 😉  I die-cut the hearts with three shades of SU cardstock and adhered them together before spritzing with Perfect Pearls mist.  I adhered a strip of some really pretty patterned paper down the left hand side under the heart and edged it with a scalloped strip.  The sentiment was stamped and die-cut and the die-cut "love" was also spritzed with Perfect Pearls.



Thanks for visiting!  The design team have some wonderful cards, just choosing two, so please check them out.

I'm linking this up to Seize the Birthday's Linky Party.



Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

ColourmehappyDi said...

Lucky Mum! This is such a cool birthday card, Karren. The heart is amazing & such a great look teamed with the paper.
D :)

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card you created for your mom... those dies are just lovely!!

I Card Everyone said...

OH those dies!!! lucky you... lucky Mum!!! oh so gorgeous!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! I love the colors that you chose for the heart, and how you added sparkle to the sentiment with Perfect Pearls...so pretty! I'll bet your mom loved it, too!

I also wanted to tell you how much I love your new graphic to list the products on your card...so clever!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow.....this card is so unique.....love the colors and layered heart! Beautiful!

Christine Blain said...

Awesome use of colour (LOVE grey with red and pink!), stamps and dies, Karren; this is such a beautiful card.

Christine said...

Hi KarrenJ! What a stunning card - love it! Pinks and greys - lush!

Nancy said...

Karen, If this isn't one of the coolest Hearts I have ever seen! The entire card works perfectly together! Your mom is going to love it! Thanks for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday, I love seeing your work!

Kelly Kent said...

Just beautiful!!! I love that die - so stunning! Kelly x

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this is sooooooo beautiful, Karren!!! Lovely strip of patterned paper and the die cut heart is FABULOUS!!!!
Hugz

Karen Dunbrook said...

another beauty!!

xx Karen

Nikki Spencer said...

I'd be a happy mum if l got this stunner! Gorgeous use of colour Karren and that die...Love it! xx

KimB said...

That die is divine Karren - I love the graduations of colours that accent the flowers and heart at the same time so clever and delightfully sparkly! x

Jan said...

Super card Karren! Such a pretty colour combo - gorgeous detail to the paper and your heart die with it's layers and sparkle is stunning! xx