Thursday 16 February 2017

Hugs

Hi, I'm back with a card for the reminder post at The Flower Challenge and, if you recall, this month we are caseing the fabulous Therese Calvird and here is her card:

No automatic alt text available.

When I first saw Therese's card, my jaw dropped and I wondered how on earth I could do justice to it - not once, but twice.  Once for the initial challenge post and once for the reminder post.  Well, here's my second card where I was once again inspired by the pinks, the layout and this time I also added some ombre.


I stamped the NBUS floral image onto watercolor card and white embossed it.  I then colored it with Zigs.  I actually completely ruined the first attempt by putting a grey wash all around the image, so I salvaged the flowers and buds by fussy-cutting them and then re-stamped and embossed the image onto another panel.  The flowers and buds were then adhered over the top.  This time I used a couple of grey Copic markers to provide a bit of subtle shading.


The sentiment was cut from a panel that I'd loosely colored some pink Zigs onto and adhered to the card base.

Thanks for visiting!  Head on over to the challenge blog and check out what the rest of the DT have come up with and huge thanks to Therese for joining us this month.

Products used:

Stamps:  Divine (Penny Black)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, watercolor
Dies:  Big Hugs (MFT)
Accessories:  Copic Cool Greys, Zig Clean Color Markers

Cheers
Karren


13 comments:

Susi said...

This is just lovely, Karren. Love how the HUGS Die-namics matches the scale of that gorgeously coloured and shaded Penny Black flower image. The ombre is a nice touch that adds even more beauty to your card.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh the shading......oh the colors.....oh you are amazing girl! Love this!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous bloom, and once again, I love the ombre effect you created for the die cut sentiment! I also love how you added subtle shading with your soft gray Copics...so pretty! A really stunning take on Therese' inspiration card...WOW!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this looks absolutely wonderful, Karren!!!! Beautifully done!!!
Hugz

Stampingcountry said...

Wow, these cards are beautiful! Your negative and your touch of color on your word are fabulous!

Rosemary said...

one word: gorgeous!!

Viv said...

I know what you mean and Therese's card lol, my jaw dropped too! but this is sooo beautiful Karren, such a great job of CASEing too, love it ;) hugs Viv xx

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! Just wow! The flower is amazing and I love how the ombre theme carries from the flower on to the sentiment.

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow Karren...this is amazing and so beautifully done. Love the grey halo around the flowers and the way you did the sentiment...outstanding card mf.
xx Karen

Narelle Farrugia said...

Both of these cards are just stunning Karren! I especially love your first card - it's so soft and delicate!

lostinpaper said...

Oh WOW!

Ruth said...

Such a beautiful card. I absolutely love your colouring on the flowers and I'm even more impressed at your fussy cutting and save :) xx

Aileen said...

Karren, so sorry for my late comment on your card. I love this flower, should have bought it. Bought the stencil but the stsmp would have been better. What a stunner your card is, the pink really highlighted by the grey surround. Thank you for finding the time to make a card for the reminder, as always so very appreciated.