Friday 24 February 2017

Brighter Day


Hi and welcome!  Today's challenge at Just Add Ink is to Just Add Ombre - an easy one for me because I love ombre!



I was actually tempted to use the card I posted yesterday for this challenge, but as I'd already watermarked it, I decided to go ahead and make another, but use the same sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.


I had this panel already sponged and water-flicked, waiting for an opportunity to use it, so this card came together quite quickly.  I stenciled over the top with Mermaid Lagoon ink and the stencil that came with the My Monthly Hero February kit.  I then colored and die-cut the little elephant from the Fun in the Rain set and added the sentiment.  I added some clear sparkle pen to the umbrella and some clear droplets and my card was done.  Both the ombre panel and the elephant are popped up on foam tape.





Head on over to check out the ombre cards made by the rest of the design team - you'll be glad you did!  

I'm linking this up to the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the stencils challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Grab our Badge!



Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at 4 Crafty Chicks

19 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Oh, you make the most beautiful cards, Karren!!!! Your little elephant is sweet as can be sitting in the rain with his umbrella!!! Your ombre panel looks amazing!!! LOVE this - so cute!!!!
Have a great Friday!!!!
Hugz

I Card Everyone said...

And you have brightened mine! Karren, this is just precious!
=]

Rochelle Blok said...

Loving the ombre background. The water flicked on in adds another element and I love the rain stamped overtop. Your little elephant is coloured gorgeously. Love it! Rochelle xo

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful ink work as always! Adorable card!

Rosemary said...

aawww.. this is just so sweet, karren!! the ombre background is perfection!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card Karren, ombre looks perfect and that elephant is so cute. Perfectly coloured.

Mac Mable said...

So cute and adorable. Fabulous blending and the layout is gorgeous. Clever interpretation and the sentiment is perfect x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karren, the little elephant is adorable and I love the background, the whole design is fabulous :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

lostinpaper said...

Glad you got to use this panel for such a sweet design, your colouring is incredible!

KimB said...

This sweet card reminds me of sun showers when I was a kid Karren! I love the effect you got by stencilling over your ombre panel it's so evocative of raindrops. x

Kara Lynne said...

Your panel makes rain look like a good thing! Love your little elephant and his cheery yellow umbrella!

Jan said...

Karren this is absolutely stunning!! I adore your ombré background, the seamless sponging with your gorgeous stencilling over the top has so much interest and detail. And of course your little elephant with his umbrella is super cute too :-) xx

Karen Davis said...

Another completely adorable card. The background you have created is amazing.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous ombre effect, Karren! I love how you created the rain and your color palette is stunning! LOVE this card!!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Your ombre background is stunning Karren! Loving that cute elephant and clean style. xx

Leanne said...

So cute for sure, and the rain, mist, nicely done, thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

Leanne DT/4CC

Patrice said...

Super cute, and absolutely stunning ombre, Karren, Your cards are always an inspiration. x

ColourmehappyDi said...

Such a sweet little guy & so beautifully coloured. The background details add lots of interest to your beautiful ombre colour.
Di :)

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful effects on your background piece, Karren. You really are masterful with ink, my friend! Love this sweet card. :)