Sunday 12 February 2017

Hello Lovely

Hi and welcome!  This week is my turn to host over at Inspired By All the Little Things and here is the inspiration photo I've chosen:


There is so much to be inspired by in this photo, and I knew the perfect guest to make a card based on these elements - the one-and-only Michele Ferguson of I Card Everyone.  Michele is one of the friendliest people in this wonderful little community of ours and I'm glad to know her.

For my card, I was inspired by the black and white pattern as well as the bright flowers and the silver elements.



I used some flowers and foliage stamped from a SugarPea Designs set and the sentiment from a NBUS set from Concord & 9th.  I stenciled black ink onto a card panel and then arranged the arrangement of flowers in the bottom left corner.  The sentiment was both stamped in black and embossed in silver and I also added some silver-embossed splatters across the panel.




I have a video showing how I made this card if you're interested.  Click here to head over to YouTube or watch below.




Thanks for visiting.  Michele and the design team have some gorgeous cards so please check them out.








15 comments:

Viv said...

Wow awesome card Karren! love your stencilling and pretty flowers, the video is great too.Now I think I NEED some of that Press and seal too ;) hugs Viv xx

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, Karren! Beautiful choice of flowers and stenciling, and I love the over-sized sentiment...Love all the silver on this card, too!
I'm really enjoying your videos...Thank you for sharing them with us :)

I Card Everyone said...

You humble me with your darling words, Karren ... thanks so much for the invitation ... and your card? OutSTANDING!!!! I'm running over to watch you make that gorgeous GREY stenciled number!
by the way ... I'm so happy to know YOU, too!!! xx
=]

Jen W. said...

This is an absolute stunner! I love that perfectly inked stenciled background!

Betty said...

beautiful card Karren - and you chose such a fantastic inspiration photo!

cm said...

WOW! Stunning card, especially the colourful flowers set against the eye-catching stenciling! How sweet of you to create a video to show us the how-to details. Press 'n Seal...need to remember I have some and use it!
~carol

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful, Karren! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers! This is such a stunning card! I adore that background and the way you accomplished the gradient coloring.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, my, this is simply STUNNING, Karren!!!! Love your stencilling with the black ink - it's the perfect bg for the beautiful flowers!!! The silver splatters add such a lot to the wonderful look!!!
Hugz

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this...the bl stenciling adds such an elegant backdrop to those beautiful flowers...
xx Karen

Susi said...

Dear me! This is an amazing card and I can definitely see how much you were inspired by the challenge photo.

Sheri Gilson said...

What a gorgeous card! Love how the flowers pop off the stenciled background!

Kim S said...

Truly beautiful. The way the gray fades is lovely and a perfect backdrop to the bright florals.

Linda Callahan said...

Super classy......super elegant.....and oh so wonderful to watch you make it all come together!

Babs said...

What a stunning card, the colours and design are really beautiful.

Crafty hugs
Babs