Friday 18 August 2017

Blended Celebration

Welcome to another Just Add Ink challenge!  I chose the theme this week and I'm after stencils.  I just love stencils and have quite the collection.  They're affordable, easy to store and create such a wonderful effect for little effort.


I used distress inks to create my stenciled panel, keeping the Twisted Citron in the centre then fanning out with Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers.  Once I'd finished stenciling, I rounded the four corners then cut the panel into three vertically.  I mounted the three strips onto a black panel and then onto a white top-folding card base.


The die-cut sentiment is stacked four high and painted with clear sparkle pen.  I embossed the rest of the sentiment onto a black strip using a lime green EP called Cricket.  A silver thread nest was placed behind the sentiment and I finished with some sequins.

Image may contain: text

Thanks for visiting!  Head on over to the JAI blog to check out the gorgeous cards made by the DT.

Products Used:

Stamps:  Celebrate All The Things (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Blueprints 6, Celebrate (MFT)
Accessories:   Diamond Circles Stencil (SSS), Cricket EP (American Crafts), Silver Thread, Clear Sequins, Corner Chomper

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oooo love that Citron! Beautiful background!

I Card Everyone said...

You are so smart to cut that into three, Karren... what a wonderful touch to see that black popping through... fabulous!
=]

Patrice said...

I'm so glad you reminded me how wonderful stencils are, Karren. I have a bunch of them & they're not very well loved, I hope to change that....Love the vibrancy of colours you've chosen for your card this week & that gorgeous big sentiment (which I purchased too) works perfectly. x

Cara said...

So pretty. Love your "nest" behind the sentiment x

Jen Mitchell said...

Eep! I love the colorful background. If nothing else I'm coming to New Zealand just so I can watch and learn from you! Love the black die cut sentiment too. Those black accents really make this card pop!

KimB said...

Sigh - I just love these colours together Karren - they just make me happy :) Can't agree with you more that stencils are a brilliant way to add detail, love the loopy pattern you have in the background! x

Jan said...

So gorgeous Karren! Your blended colouring is so smooth and vibrant and I love the pop of black between your panels teamed with your lovely sentiment. Thanks for suggesting such a fun challenge! xx

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Stunning card, Karren. Absolutely love your colour combination! So bright and vibrant against the black - especially the sentiments. Love how you used the stencil with multiple colours, and cut your background into panels. So creative!

Lou said...

Your stencilled background is gorgeous Karren. I love the panels you created and the colours - so much to love!

Jen Timko said...

Perfect use of this awesome stencil!! What great colors!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Those colours are stunning Karren and your stencil work is perfect! Lovely crisp lines and the bold black sentiment is very striking. xx

Joanne Stubbings said...

What a great use of stencils! The colours are so bright and your blending is really gorgeous! Love the black sentiment against it too!

Tina said...

What a cool stencil, and I LOVE the colours you've used.

Chloe said...

I just love these colours so much Karren. They just look amazing against the black sentiment. Great stencil too xx

Barb Ghig said...

So striking and fabulous, Karren! I love the clever way you cut your panel in 3's to show the black peeking through...love your silver thread, too!

Rachael Lewsley said...

I love how seamless your blending is Karren! I wish I could blend that smoothly ☺️ x

Nora Noll said...

I love how you cut up your background and matted it on the black. Really lovely design!