Thursday 31 August 2017

Oh Baby!

I hope this blog post title doesn't attract the wrong kind of reader... πŸ˜„  It's Freshly Made Sketches time and this week I'm the challenge hostess.  And here is my sketch:




I had the oh-so-brilliant idea to use acetate for the vertical panel, but never gave a thought to the fact I was using balloons for the three elements and most balloons have strings.  I tried drawing strings with a Multiliner pen so they ended up "tied" to the letters in the embossed sentiment but they just looked dorky when the card was opened.  So rubbing alcohol to the rescue and I rubbed those strings away!  Now my balloons are just floating away and have no strings...  

The gingham paper was white embossed with the "congrats" and then adhered to the inside of the card base so that it is visible through the acetate.  In keeping with the sketch, I added a thin strip of green cardstock down the right hand side of the acetate.  Here's a photo of the card standing up so you can get an idea of how the patterned paper and acetate work.




Thanks for visiting!  Head on over and check out how the rest of the design team have used my sketch.  You'll be so glad you did!

Products used:

Stamps:  Congrats All Round, Celebration Balloons (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Acetate, Green Apple (SSS), Homespun Gingham (MFT)
Dies:  Celebration Balloons (ME)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, White EP

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the cool effect that the acetate provides! And I loved working with this fun sketch. Cute card, Karren!

Jeanne H said...

Just love your card, Karren. So creative. BTW I also loved the dogs in the window card you did the other day. So glad to read your posts!

Susanne Vargas said...

Fabulous card! Love the acetate! Great sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

I like the acetate too! Great effect! And a for the stringless balloons......I say they have been set free as part of the celebration! Fun sketch!

Cara said...

Love the acetate panel, fabulous card x

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, I didn't realize that the vertical layer was actually acetate giving us a peek into the inside of the card! Cool idea! I love these bright colors, especially combined with the soft gray gingham.

Jen Timko said...

This window card is amazing!! So perfect for your sketch....which is fabulous, btw. Such fun colors!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Not even joking, this card is the cutest! The colours you've used are so sweet for a baby card and I love your little "oh baby" sentiment and balloons! Love it!

Barb Ghig said...

I could have sworn I left a comment on this adorable card...I love all the balloons and your gray plaid panel is the perfect backdrop for your design! As always, you did an amazing job on the sketch, Karren!