I had the oh-so-brilliant idea to use acetate for the vertical panel, but never gave a thought to the fact I was using balloons for the three elements and most balloons have strings. I tried drawing strings with a Multiliner pen so they ended up "tied" to the letters in the embossed sentiment but they just looked dorky when the card was opened. So rubbing alcohol to the rescue and I rubbed those strings away! Now my balloons are just floating away and have no strings...
The gingham paper was white embossed with the "congrats" and then adhered to the inside of the card base so that it is visible through the acetate. In keeping with the sketch, I added a thin strip of green cardstock down the right hand side of the acetate. Here's a photo of the card standing up so you can get an idea of how the patterned paper and acetate work.
Thanks for visiting! Head on over and check out how the rest of the design team have used my sketch. You'll be so glad you did!
Stamps: Congrats All Round, Celebration Balloons (Mama Elephant)
Ink: Intense Black, Versamark
Cardstock: White, Acetate, Green Apple (SSS), Homespun Gingham (MFT)
Dies: Celebration Balloons (ME)
Accessories: Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, White EP