Thursday 17 August 2017

Legendary

Hi and welcome!  What a fabulous turnout we had for our 300th sketch last week!  The gallery was gorgeous and so many of you said such wonderful things about the challenge and the design team, so thank you!

Today's sketch for Freshly Made Sketches comes to us from our super-talented Canadian friend, Jen Brum.  And what a fun sketch she has for us, too:



I went digging through my NBUS box again.  Let me tell you, my NBUS is not getting any smaller and I physically can't fit anything more in the box, but does that stop me?  No, it does not!  Luckily I only put stamp sets in there, dies go straight in the appropriate die box.  Anyway, onto the card.  This stamp set was bought at the CASual Fridays retirement sale.  I've wanted it forever as it totally puts me in mind of How I Met Your Mother!


I know I should have the "wait for it" in the middle of the "legendary" but I didn't think it would fit across the card.  The background is created with Distress Oxide inks and water and the sentiment was white-embossed before ink-blending.  I die-cut the panel with a MFT border die and then adhered it with fun foam to a black card base.  Can you see the bit of sparkle on the card base?  That is from a spray can of Glitter Dust - so pretty and contained - just the way I like my glitter 😀  In the photo, you can see glue behind the clear star confetti - trust me that was because I took the photos while the glue was wet.  Being Multi Medium Matte glue, it dried clear.


Thanks for visiting!  The design team have done some amazing things with this sketch - as always - so head on over and check them out.

I'm linking this card up to Sunday Stamps color challenge.


Products used:

Stamps:  Wait for It (CASual Fridays)
Ink:  Versamark, Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Cardstock:  Bristol Smooth, Black
Dies:  Stitched Scallops Basic Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Sequins, Glitter Dust

Cheers
Karren



14 comments:

Cara said...

Great card and I love the subtle sparkle to it x

I Card Everyone said...

OH gosh do I miss that show!! SO happy they're bringing us Will & Grace in the Fall!!!
wait... there's a gorgeous card here... LOve it!!!
=]

Stampingcountry said...

So sharp! Your colors look even more vibrant next to the black!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Karren! I that background! Those colours look amazing together! Love that sentiment! Oh and the sequins...be still my heart!!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Your blended panel and sentiment are really striking, Karren! I love the scalloped border and how you added sparkle to the black base...so elegant!

Linda Callahan said...

Definite wow card! Love the ink work! And I really need to visit and check out your NBUS stash!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is fabulous! Love the blended panel using our color palette! The scalloped border is just perfect! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Jen Mitchell said...

Fun card! I watched that show too (didn't like the finale though)! And I learned about that Glitter Dust recently from Kristina Werner (I think). I haven't bought it yet, but I can't wait to try it!

Heidi Baks said...

Ha, I love it! I had to google NBUS -- I don't think I dare put such a box together. I particularly enjoy the wonderful blending of the distressed oxide inks. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Jen Timko said...

I love your blending on these colors! Such a striking way to use the sketch! And that NBUS box....you crack me up!! (only because I can relate, lately)

Amy O said...

A beautiful color combination, and I love that fun sentiment. Cute card, Karren!

Cécile RIBON said...

What is legendary is your talent for playing with colors, Karren! No one but you has such an outstanding skill for coloring! This is totally amazing!

Kim S said...

Fabulous! I love the colroful panel on the black - so perfect with the sentiment!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally awesome! I love the dramatic-ness of those colours you've used and the fabulous background you've created!