Sunday 27 August 2017

Dogs in the Window

Hi and welcome!  I made this card for my son's girlfriend, who was 20 yesterday.  She loves animals and she has a great sense of humour, so I thought she'd appreciate some crazy dogs 😀


I sort of had it in my head that I wanted the dogs to be looking through a window and then I saw the current challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch and I knew I could use the big rectangle for the window and for the circle I could use one of the dogs - who is either trying to get in the window or who has escaped out of the window.

I stamped and colored all the dogs in the Crazy Cats & Dogs set and then die-cut them with the matching dies.  I do have a window die but it was too small for what I wanted so I hunted through my dies and found this from Blueprints 29 which would work as a window.  I die-cut it from a white top-fold card base, then adhered the frame back into the card base.

After I'd arranged the dogs in the window, I adhered them to the back of the open frame then created by background which was made with Distress Oxide inks onto Bristol Smooth cardstock then spritzed with Glitter Dust.

I finished the card with an embossed sentiment popped up on foam tape and the last little dog.

Here are a few other photos.




Thanks for visiting!  I'm also entering this into Seize the Birthday and Work It Wednesday where we are asked to use our favorite stamps.  I have so many favorites, it's hard to choose, but these definitely make me laugh so they're right up there 😊

Thanks for visiting.



workitwedbanner


Products used:

Stamps:  Crazy Cats & Dogs, #Hashtags (Tim Holtz)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versamark, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Crazy Cats & Dogs (TH), Blueprints 29, Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Glitter Dust

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super fun take on the sketch!

Aileen said...

Fabulous card Karren, love how you have done this. I bought the dogs stamps but didnt realise there were big and little stamps and bought the bigs stamps. Think I might try and sell the big ones and get the little ones, they look like lots more fun.

Cara said...

I love this menagerie of dogs! They're fabulous x

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love those crazy dogs! Such a fun.....and beautifully colored....card!

Susi said...

The expression on each dog's face is just priceless ... such a great card, beautifully colored!

Sherry Espinoza said...

Super cute. All of that fabulous coloring must have taken you forever.

Julia Aston said...

Love all the dogs peeking out of the window - great design on this and I'm sure your son's girlfriend will love it!

Anonymous said...

I adore how you've created this card, Karren! Absolutely fun, absolutely amazing! Love all those dogs, it looks like they are just waiting to wish the receiver some awesome birthday wishes! Thank you so much for showcasing your talents at the Seize the Birthday challenge!
xx Ashwini

Karen Davis said...

Hi Karren. It is such a long time since I dropped by. I loooove this card!! So much character and what a joy it would be to receive it. Hope all is well with you.

Barb Ghig said...

This is the cutest card EVER!!! I love how you arranged all of the adorable pups and your Copic coloring is just perfect, Karren! Love your blended background, too...really fun card!