Friday 4 August 2017

Lavender


I'm back with another Fusion challenge!  This fortnight, we've gone for a CAS sketch with a curved element and for our photo, we've chosen some pastel pencils.
I chose to stick with the sketch but pulled in the purple color from some of the elements in the photo.



I had fun with the latest My Monthly Hero kit by Hero Arts.  I stamped the lavender and colored it with Copics (really simple coloring bceause there's not much coloring space on the image).  I then placed dots of glittery Atyou  Spica pen in purple and green all over the image, so in real life, it's quite glittery.  I stamped part of the sentiment over the image then outlined it in white gel pen to make it stand out.  

Once the stamping and coloring was done, I set to work on the rest of the card.  First, I die-cut the image panel with a dotted curved border die.  I adhered some purple striped patterned paper to a white top-folding card base and then added the image with foam tape.  The final step was to add some Nuvo Jewel Drops.  Here are a couple of close-up photos.  I tried to capture the glitter and you can see it a bit in the bottom photo.










Thanks for visiting!  The rest of the design team have created some gorgeous cards so I hope you have time to check them out.  I'm linking this up to the Flower Power challenge over at Southern Girls Challenge as well as the Something Old and/or New challenge at Just Us Girls.  The stamps are new and the dotted curve die is old (but this is the first time I've used it!)
Southern Girls Challenge

Products used:

Stamps:  My Monthly Hero July 2017 (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Intense Black
Cardstock:  White, Thick & Thin (MFT)
Dies:  Dotted Curve (Poppy Stamps)
Accessories:  Copics, Atyou Spica Pens, White Gel Pen, Nuvo Jewel Drops

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Southern Girls.

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Total perfection in purple ... I mean lavender! OH do I love that dotted curve!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Oh sweet lavender! This is lovely and the bold stripes are fabulous! And I agree ...love the dotted curve! Tell me again why I haven't bought some of those drops!?!?!?

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the stripes x

Claire said...

That curved punched border is perfect for the sketch Karren and your monochromatic colour is just gorgeous! Love the touch of sparkle on the flowers!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Karren! I love how you added sparkle to the Lavender petals and that you used your curvy die with the lovely striped border! Clever idea to outline your sentiment to make it pop...works perfectly!

Linda Callahan said...

This is sooooo pretty!