Tuesday 24 December 2013

51 and Grungy...

Just kidding!  My DH celebrates a birthday today (yes, Christmas Eve!).  I used this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for his card.  Apologies to Amy because I didn't stick 100% to the sketch but the concept is there.



Now it wouldn't be polite to tell you his age, but let's just say he's getting up there :)

For his card, I white-embossed the sentiment from Afterthoughts onto Whisper White cardstock.  Around the sentiment, I white-embossed images from Gorgeous Grunge.  Once they were embossed, I sponged Smoky Slate ink over the entire panel.

I die-cut the "51" from  Basic Black cardstock and after gluing it down, I paper-pierced a line then hand-stitched with some grey thread, leaving the tails dangling.

Here's a look at the inside:




An appropriate sentiment, given the years are piling up LOL!  Rest assured, there will be a suitably touching hand-written note in there before I give him the card.  (In case you were wondering, he doesn't read my blog ha ha).



Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Afterthoughts, It's Your Birthday
Ink:  Versamark, Smoky Slate
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  White EP, sponge, By the Numbers dies (PTI), Paper Piercing template, grey thread and needle

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is such a fantastic birthday card for a guy! How old did you say he is???? Ya'll are just youngsters! I hope it's a happy day for him!

Amy O said...

Very fun, and what a great masculine card! I love your take on the sketch!

Joyce said...

Male cards can be difficult, but you really nailed this one. Love that grunge look.

Unknown said...

What a lovely card Karren.
Good job

Jen Timko said...

Love, love your take on the sketch!! Such a fun card!! Happy birthday to him! Glad to see you, as always!

Linda Suarez said...

What a great take on the sketch! Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

Karren, this is so fun!!! I love how you used that stamp! Nice of you not to tell his age. Ha!