Sunday 8 December 2013

Sweet 16???

My oldest son turns 16 next week so I thought I'd better make him a birthday card.  I used the sketch from Fusion (so glad that is back!) and the acetate challenge at Friday Mashup.  My son is a typical teenager - surly, uncommunicative and always knows best LOL.  My younger son saw this card and thought it was "over the top" so yeah, I have two adorable sons :)




I stamped various words from several Paper Smooches sets in Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay and Real Red.  I had to take a few liberties with the sketch to avoid covering up any of the words with the flags in the sketch.  

Apologies to the Friday Mashup team because there's not much acetate on this card.  I had great intentions of using a window sheet overlay with circle cut-outs and arrows pointing to certain words on the card, but for the life of me, I couldn't get the arrow thinlits to cut the acetate.  So I ended up using my arrow punch and a circle nestie.  Here's a close-up of the acetate:





Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Slang Gang, Super, Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock:  Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Real Red, Window Sheet, In Color DSP, Celebrations DSP
Accessories:  Arrow Punch, Timeless Type Alphabet Dies, Circle Nesties

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Lyndal said...

Fab teen card Karren - so happy to have you playing along @ FUSION!

Cathy Weber said...

Maybe the card didn't come together exactly like you envisioned it, but it certainly turned out great...just perfect for that "surly, knows everything" teenager...of which I had three of them, so I know exactly what you mean! I love all the arrows pointing to the 16 and how you figured your way around the thinlet and acetate problem. Love this one Karren.

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh yeah, any teen would love this, even an "unresponsive" one!! Fun card. Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun card for a teenage son! They are all about the sayings, right? Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is a fantastic card for a teenager! I need to put this in my CASE file for future inspiration!

Geri said...

What an awesome card for a teenager...he should love it! I sure do and am so glad you could play along with us at FUSION!!!

Christine Blain said...

This is very cool, Karren. Hope you get a big hug, or at the very least, a grunt of acknowledgment, from your darling boy. xx

Lynda Day said...

I was immediately drawn to this card. Boy cards are sometimes hard to do, but I love what you did with this one. Thanks for playing with the Friday Mashup!!

Lesley said...

What a fun way to use the sketch, Karren. Love this sweet card, the numbers and sentiments are perfect for a boy's card! Thank you for joining us at FUSION.

Tara Bourgoin said...

What a great card for a teenage boy! I love the acetate arrow - great way to use the window sheets. :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week!