Tuesday 3 December 2013

Chalkboard Joy

And I'm back with another Merry Monday card.  This week we are using one of my favorite techniques - chalkboard!




I wanted to use a large sentiment on my card, so turned to my Joy to the World set.  Love the size of the sentiments in this set!  



When I was looking through my sets for something to complement the sentiment, I found the perfect image - a globe ornament from the old hostess set Peaceful Season.

Check out the other chalkboard projects made by the rest of the DT.  If you don't know how to do the Chalkboard Technique, here's a quick step-by-step:

1.  White emboss images onto black cardstock
2.  Once the embossing dries, gently sponge white ink over the black cardstock to give the impression of chalkboard dust
3.  Use a chalk marker or white pencil to add additional details if desired.

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Joy to the World; Peaceful Season
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Cherry Cobbler; Basic Black; Season of Style DSP
Ink:  Versamark; White
Accessories:  White EP; Chalk Marker; sponge; Designer Builder Brads; Large Scallop Framelit; Lacy Brocade EF

Cheers
Karren 

12 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love those globe ornaments and of course, this technique. Great card.

Loll said...

Great card Karren. LOVE the globe ornaments with the "JOY" sentiment - perfect together! Loll xx

Lesley said...

Love this, Karren. I need to use that globe stamp too!!! Terrific inspiration!

LeAnne said...

Sweet as can be.....love the sentiment as well as that pretty DP!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

just beautiful love the red, white and your Inspiration
hugs

Julia Aston said...

Love those world ornaments and your pretty embossed background!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Karren, I love the background texture and beautiful brad.

Darnell said...

You do this technique so well, Karren! I love all the design elements you have used and I think it's great that you have instructions to show how it's done!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

A perfect combination of stamps, Karren! I also love the embossed red background and the gorgeous brad!

Karen Davis said...

I love your chalkboard card Karren. The black looks fabulous on the red, and the world globes and the stripey accents set it of beautifully.

Wendy said...

Hi Karren! I have been admiring this card since it hit the private blog! I love the world globes and the pretty red & white striped paper! Goes perfectly with your chalkboard technique!! Happy Holidays! :)

Heather North said...

Those little globe ornaments are perfect for that sentiment!