Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Dressmaker

I managed to sneak in a second card today while DH was cooking dinner (yep, he's a keeper!).

This card was inspired by my trip down memory lane a couple of days ago, going through my old stamping stuff.  I had hundreds of magazines that I went through to see if I wanted to keep any.  What I did see was a lot of cards made in the collage/vintage style which I really like but haven't managed to master.

So today, for the Shabby Tearoom color challenge and the sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts, I made this:



For my card, I used an unmounted plate of stamps called The Dressmaker by Oxford Impressions.  I stamped several images onto a Very Vanilla panel then distressed and sponged the edges.  For the main panel, I stamped the row of numbers in Crumb Cake then over-stamped with the corset in black.  The twill behind the main image was dirtied up with Crumb Cake ink before being layered with black lace on either side.  The card base was embossed with the Alphabet EF before being sponged.

The final touch was 3 Vanilla Trim flowers in the bottom left corner.  I sort of feel as if there's something missing from this card.  It's too dirty to be clean and too clean to be vintage LOL.

My New Year's resolution is to finish the insides of my card when I make them, so here's the inside.  





Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  The Dressmaker (Oxford Impressions)
Ink:  Crumb Cake; Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Accessories:  Twill Tape, Raven Lace Trim, sponge, vanilla flower trim

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Such a gorgeous take on the colours, Karren! Love the shabby feel...and the stamping you did on the inside.

Diane Roberts said...

I love the vintage look and the contrast of 3 flowers and the black lace. Very lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Ann Schach said...

A wonderful shabby card! The flowers are the perfect touch. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Gorgeous! I love the Shabby Chic look!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous card, Karren. Beautiful job with the distressing. Thanks for playing along with the PPA challenge this week.

Bonnie said...

I love the clean vintage look! I think this is perfect!

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE vintage! This is stunning Karren!