Sunday 15 December 2013

Hello Winter

I did some re-arranging of furniture in my craft room this morning and as I was shifting the contents of shelves, I came across a pack of Doodlebug Designs buttons.  As soon as I saw them, I thought of the current colors at Color Throwdown.  The images on the buttons also put me in mind of the Friday Mashup challenge to create a non-Christmas winter card.  Throw in the sketch at CAS(e) This Sketch and it's a three-fer LOL.


Now bear in mind that it's Summer where I am, so I had to imagine cold, wintry temperatures.  Here's a close-up of the cute buttons, which I hope are close enough to the challenge colors to pass muster :)





Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Four You
Ink:  Smoky Slate
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Doodlebug Designs Buttons, white baker's twine

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Holy cow, those buttons are adorable!!! Love them hanging from solid white twine!

Christine Blain said...

Utterly delightful, Karren. :)

dj said...

this is so flippin cute!! Fantastic little card!!

Barbara said...

Love those darling ornaments! Great CAS card! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Bonnie said...

These are the cutest buttons, Karren! A perfect winter card!

Broni said...

Awesome way to use those great buttons and to combine the challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Karren, great takes on all the challenges! What fun buttons and a fabulous way to use them with the Winter theme at the Friday Mashup this week- thanks for playing along;)

Betty said...

Beautiful card and great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.