Monday 23 December 2013

Santa Money Holder

My boys are at the age where all they want for birthdays and Christmas is cash - preferably high denomination cash!  So I thought I'd better whip up something a bit Christmas-y to hold the cash.  This idea tied in quite nicely with both the Just Add Ink challenge to Just Add Your Christmas Project and the color challenge at Dynamic Duos which is Black, Cherry Cobbler with a dessert option of sparkle.



Now this idea is not the least bit original as I've seen this sort of thing around blogland before, but I worked from memory and imagination and came up with this.

I measured a $100 note and cut my cardstock to fit.  I sponged the edges in Cherry Cobbler to give a bit of dimension and added some Flower Soft to the top and bottom of the front.  The belt has a Silver Glimmer Paper buckle made from some Nestabilities Labels dies.  The buttons are from the retired Buttons #5 sizzlet.

Pretty simple, but my boys aren't big on appreciating the aesthetics of anything unless it's a car LOL.

Thanks for looking.



Products used:

Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Cherry Cobbler; Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Buttons #5 Sizzlet; Nestabilities Labels Two dies; Polar White Flower Soft

7 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

That made me laugh - my boys would be the same! This is a fabulous money holder! Your glimmer belt buckle is effect and I love the extra sparkle you gave it. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Karren, that belt buckle is fabulous! Love all kinds of money/gift card holders- this one is so cute with the Flower Soft fluff for fur on the coat! Thanks for joining in on the fun at Dynamic Duos!

JoAnn said...

What an adorable money holder, so cute. Thanks for sharing at the Dynamic Duos.

Michelle said...

This is the cutest money holder EVER!!!! I love the attention to detail! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos!

Nikki Spencer said...

Super cute idea Karren, love the sparkly belt buckle and glitter accents. Lol..l think most kids these days prefer to do their own shopping!

KimB said...

Fantastic way to dress up the cash for your boys Karren- they may not appreciate it so much now but in time they will! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

super cute Karren! Love the belt buckle too