Thursday 2 November 2023

Let's Do Coffee

 Hi and welcome!  I'm here with my card for the new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches, where Jennifer Timko is our hostess this week.  


I was originally going to make another Christmas card, but as I was scrolling through my IG posts, I came across a photo of some of these miniature dies that I'd made up and thought they would work for the three circular elements on the sketch.    To make it even better, I'd just received the Trinity Stamps Cardmaking Sketchbook as a gift from Trinity Stamps and, can I just say, the few minutes spent planning the card saved me so much time in the execution.  Occasionally, I will sketch on scraps of paper a rough outline of my card design, but then the finer details take me ages to finalise when I'm making my card.  Using this sketchbook was such a time-saver and it looks so pretty.  It's quite large but when I'm not using it I keep it under my 6" Tim Holtz trimmer so it doesn't take up any real estate on my desk.  See below for a photo of my original sketch.  It came out pretty close with only a few minor alterations - mostly involving the sentiment.  


Anyway, back to the card.  I inlaid the panels back into the background die, using Grout Gray for 3 of them to mimic the sketch.  The heart was ink-blended to give some dimension and then I embossed the whole thing in Frosted Crystal embossing powder and it provided such a lovely look and texture.




Thanks so much for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Coffee Order (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Aqualicious, Velvet, Espresson (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Grout Gray, Summer Splash, Sour Apple, Red Hot (MFT), Silver Foil, brown scrap
Dies:  Snow Drifts Cover Up, Crafty Hands, Creature Comforts, Blueprints 4 (MFT)
Accessories:  Frosted Crystal EP, Copics (to colour hand)

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A super card, love the die background to your great miniature dies. A clever and lovely card.

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, what a fantastic take on Jen's Sketch - a little planning/sketching can really help... wish I'd remember to do that more often!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a great card Karren - loving your interpretation of the sketch, and what a great planner to have on hand
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Great card Karren. Love your sketch book.

Kim S said...

What a fun and creative use of the sketch! I love those cute little dies to do coffee with a friend!!

Ida said...

This was a really fun card. One of my favorites from the DT.

Jen Timko said...

Look at you with the planner! Love that and this card is so fantastic for the sketch. These little elements really shine (and the cool use of the show drifts is an extra bonus).

Jen Brum said...

This is just fabulous Karren! I just love those dies and I totally love the the background dies you've used! So fun! So glad the planner is working well for you! It does look amazing!!

Linda Callahan said...

WOWOWOWOW! This could be one of my all time faves from you - and I have a lot of them! So sleek and stylish! Wonderful card!

lichazul said...

Beautiful card, congrats 💐☺️ happy day