Thursday 30 November 2023

Starry Birthday

Hi!  Our sketch hostess this week over at Freshly Made Sketches is Jen Brum and I knew exactly what die I would use when I saw her sketch. 



This die was given to me by my mother who accidentally ordered two of the same (haven't we all done that??)  I die-cut it from white three times and from a gold-speckled patterned paper and pieced it together.  The sentiment looks really garish in the photo but in real life the gold is matte and much more subdued and works with the gold speckles beautifully.


I finsihed the card with some enamel dots and called it done.  Thanks for visiting.  The design team have some fabulous interpretations of the sketch so please head over and check them out.




Products used:

Stamps:  Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Gold Matte Foil, Spiffier Speckles (Lawn Fawn)
Dies:  Star Cluster (Close to My Heart_, Outline Hello (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  White EP, Red Cosmos Enamel Dots (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

HELLOOOO darling starry birthday card! Oh, yes, Karren it was the perfect choice of dies!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

It was the perfect choice, how fun!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Karren - love how you interpreted the sketch
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Karren. Love the colour scheme and design

Jen Brum said...

I love this card Karren! Those pink stars and the gold and pink sentiment is so fun! You always get those embossed white sentiments to look absolutely perfect! Someone is going to be tickled pink to open this!

Jen Mitchell said...

Not only have I ordered two of the same thing, but I've done it on the same shopping trip twice! It's one thing to buy something you've got in your stash that you forgot about, but it's another thing entirely to have a quantity of "2" in your cart for an item and you don't notice. I try to be more mindful now when I'm shopping! I love this fun card. The stars pair nicely with the sentiment. And I don't think the sentiment looks garish at all. A little gold makes everything beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving the speckled stars! Such a bright happy card - thanks Mom!