Sunday 5 November 2023

Thinking of White Flowers

 Hi and welcome!  As you may be aware, I have taken over the administration side of The Flower Challenge and have also temporarily stepped in as a designer due to a new member of the team not being able to join us until the new year.  This month's challenge is a colour challenge - Black, White and Yellow.  And here's my card:


I stamped the image in black ink and used pale gray inks with the acoompanying stencil to add a bit of shading.  I then coloured in the background with a yellow Copic marker, using the stippling technique to add more interest.  


I added a hot-foiled sentiment and called it done.


I hope you'll head over to the challenge blog to see the fabulous cards made by the design team and have a go yourself.  The challenge is open until the 25th of November eastern time and I'll be back again mid-month with another card using the same colours.

Products Used:

Stamps:  Miss Your Smile (Pink Fresh)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Pebble, Hoodie (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Hexi-Gem Sentiments Hot Foil and Die (Spellbinders), Mini Slimline Layers (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Miss Your Smile Stencils (Pink Fresh), Black Hot Foil, Y15 Copic Marker

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Karren, I LOVE this! and BONUS I have this set so I can CASE it, too!
Thanks again for taking on the admin, my friend. But I'm going to be sad if you don't continue to make cards with us!
x

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Karren, your card is a beauty! Love that stippling effect, had to come over to give a closer look. But your flowers are definitely the star! Gorgeous!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very beautiful. x

marilyn said...

Such a great technique and beautiful card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Karen - the grey and black against the yellow background is amazing, and the stippling has added a subtle texture to it
Blessings
MAxine

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card, Karren! The bright yellow background is perfect for those lovely flowers!

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous.

Linda Callahan said...

So smart and stylish - love the b/w with that yellow backdrop!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Amazing background technique! It really makes the flower pop! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and sweet comments.

Bobby said...

Your bouquet of flowers looks stunning in white, Karren, and the yellow background makes them pop.