Thursday 23 November 2023

Snowy Porch

Hi and welcome to my blog!  I'm here with a card for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches, where Kim Singhdahlsen is our sketch hostess.  I had to play with some NBUS dies so designed my card around this gorgeous Front Porch die and the add-on Christmas set. 



This is a big die so to fit the sketch, I made a 5x7 card.  All the elements were die-cut from white cardstock apart from the door and sidelights which were cut from red.  I coloured the various elements with distress ink and assembled it all.  For the background I adhered Dark Indigo to the card base then added a panel behind the front porch which I edged with matte silver cardstock and popped up with foam tape.  The horizontal element in the sketch is the snowdrift and I added a reverse foiled sentiment along the bottom.



This is such a cool die and I am hoping Honey Bee come out with more add-on sets.  Thanks for visiting - please check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.




Products used:

Ink:  Peacock Feathers, Ground Espresso, Walnut Stain, Pumice Stone, Rustic Wilderness, Antique Linen, Black Soot Distress Inks, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Dark Indigo (PTI), Amarena Cherry (MFT) Silver Matte Foil
Dies:  Lovely Layers: Front Porch, Front Porch Holiday Add-On (Honey Bee Stamps), Holiday Sentiments Series 2 (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Silver Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren


9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Karren. Lovely card.

kiwimeskreations said...

A striking traditional style of Christmas card Karren - I like that you let the porch die and add-ons take centre stage, as they are bold and bright without adding other images or doe cuts
Blessings
Maxine

Jacquie Southas said...

What a great take on the sketch! Love all the details and how cozy & welcoming this front porch feels.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that is an amazing die and you created a wonderful welcoming scene for the holidays! Beautiful card!

Kim S said...

What a charming porch scene!! I love the wooden beams and all of the other rich colors!

Judy Rozema said...

What a welcoming front door! Super fun colors!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is just so fun! I love it! That little house is too cute and so perfectly adorned for Christmas! This is such a great take on the sketch!

Jen Timko said...

So much detail!! Dies like this stop me in my tracks and you make it look easy. Such a sweet card.

Amy O said...

I love this holiday scene! There are so many fun details that I just wanted to sit and gaze at it for a while.