Thursday 10 March 2022

Blooming Branch

I'm back with my card for our newest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess this week is Amy O'Neill.



I had found this stamped and stenciled image in its stamp pocket and thought it would work well for the sketch so I set about finding co-ordinating colours.  The card base was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder and onto that I added the green scalloped panel, also dry embossed, with the bottom cut with the hemstitch rectangle die to match the centre panel.  Speaking of the centre panel, this was a piece of the Memory Box Color Wheel Paper Pad collection, which I love!  I also die-cut that with the hemstitch rectangle dies.




I stamped the sentiment in Onyx Black ink and clear embossed it before adding the floral element with foam tape and finishing with some enamel accents.



Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Blooming Branch, Bloom (Pink Fresh Studio)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Martian Terrain, Coffee Break, Tropical Forest sets (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Lush Green, Berry Red (Memory Box)
Dies:  Blooming Branch (Pink Fresh Studio), Stitched Scalloped Borders (Lawn Fawn), Hemstitch Rectangles (Spellbinders)

Cheers
Karren



 


10 comments:

Amy O said...

Your flowers are gorgeous and I love the hemstitching detail! Such a pretty card, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

I never find such beautiful things hanging around my desk! I love the diecut border too!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Karren! I just love those flowers! They're gorgeous! Love the mix of pretty colours! So springy!

Dawn T said...

this is so gorgeous Karren. Love the floral swag and it looks stunning against the pink and white of the card.

I Card Everyone said...

Such pretty leftovers should be given a home - you've found the perfect home for this one, Karren!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty card Karren - love the soft pinks in the flowers and background, and the green base sets them off beautifully
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous card and your coloring on those blooms is amazing!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way your flowers frame the sentiment!

Greta said...

Love that floral spray & all your elements!

Kim S said...

I LOVE the way you layered the flowers over that rectangle and the scallops!