Thursday 17 March 2022

Dad's Birthday

 Hi and welcome!  I'm here today with a card for the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess is Judy Rozema.  I flipped Judy's sketch to come up with this card for my Dad who will be 89 next month.


I had just got some new hot foil plates and couldn't wait to try them out.  So I took a panel of white cardstock and using Platinum foil, I foiled the frame and the splatters.  I then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment with black ink.

The word "Dad" was die-cut three times from black cardstock and once from some alcohol-inked Yupo paper I had in my stash.  I stacked them together and adhered them to mimic the sketch.



Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll head over and check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Many Everyday Messages (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, various Alcohol Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Yupo, Pewter Hot Foil (Spellbinders)
Dies:  Splatter Sentiments (Spellbinders), Dad (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You are so clever, Karren!! Only you would look at those little rectangles and see D A D - love it! and that you still have your Dad! Give him extra hugs from me? xx
=]

Judy Rozema said...

Happiest of birthdays to your dad! He will love this awesome card. What a clever take on the sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

You do such wonderful things with those hot foil plates. Maybe one day I'll take the plunge! I love your creative take on the sketch. The pattern on the D A D is great!

Jen Brum said...

This card is fabulous! I love the foiling! Great colours too! Those nails are pretty fabulous as well! Who doesn't love some sparkle!

Linda Callahan said...

Honest even your fingernails are as smashing as your cards!

Jen Timko said...

Such a smart take on the sketch! Happy birthday to your dad, he is sure to love this!

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with this modern design! Absolutely perfect gentleman card.